Modified Locally?? -Debug??

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
3drts
Trained
Trained

Modified Locally?? -Debug??

Post by 3drts »

So I tried to play a game with Acidjnk/Truckspin today, 2.2 beta 2, and I couldn't see the game he was hosting.

I am using the mac version, and my version says "Modified Locally" when I start up.

Acidjnk/Truckspin's version says "-Debug"

Is this why I couldn't see his game hosted?
How would we solve this problem?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Modified Locally?? -Debug??

Post by Zarel »

I believe "modified locally" changes the netcode compatibility settings.

Tell EvilGuru not to modify his copy locally the next time he builds Warzone. :P
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Zarel wrote:I believe "modified locally" changes the netcode compatibility settings.

Tell EvilGuru not to modify his copy locally the next time he builds Warzone. :P
O_o

How do you come up with that? All that means is that EvilGuru changed something in his local copy.
I highly doubt he would touch anything to do with the netcode, or anything else besides perhaps version strings for the build, or something in that nature.

As for the issue at hand:
3drts wrote:So I tried to play a game with Acidjnk/Truckspin today, 2.2 beta 2, and I couldn't see the game he was hosting.

I am using the mac version, and my version says "Modified Locally" when I start up.

Acidjnk/Truckspin's version says "-Debug"

Is this why I couldn't see his game hosted?
How would we solve this problem?
Did you read viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2925 ?
You don't really give enough information.
If you got a connection error, then the fault is with you or your ISP or network issues.
If you got 'no games available' then the fault is with the host, and if you check the above thread, it tells you if the game is seen by others or not.
If you got something else, then... I have no idea.
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Buginator wrote: O_o

How do you come up with that? All that means is that EvilGuru changed something in his local copy.
I highly doubt he would touch anything to do with the netcode, or anything else besides perhaps version strings for the build, or something in that nature.
Well, it's usually not a good idea to change a local copy for what should be a release version.

That said, 2.2 is netcode-incompatible with my locally modified version of trunk, so I thought it was because "locally modified" set a different netcode version.