Page 2 of 4

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2008, 16:11
by Fisco
If you are getting the nightly builds, then you open base.wz, and move the FMVs into that. Zip add, or unzip base.wz, then in base, unzip the FMVs, and then, you can zip everything back up...


It's that easy huh? I'll get right into it, thanks!

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2008, 19:30
by Raem_Lylar
sequences_ogg zipped folder is password protected. Am i supposed to be approved for testing or something to get the password?

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2008, 20:47
by cybersphinx
Raem_Lylar wrote:sequences_ogg zipped folder is password protected. Am i supposed to be approved for testing or something to get the password?

No, but you're supposed to use a working unzipping utility. ;)

By the way, it is not necessary to rezip the base.wz, there are various locations where Warzone finds the movies. I put them into ~/.warzone2100-2.1/sequences (the folder where the savegame folder is, wherever it might be on Windows).

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2008, 23:08
by Raem_Lylar
cybersphinx wrote:No, but you're supposed to use a working unzipping utility. ;)

By the way, it is not necessary to rezip the base.wz, there are various locations where Warzone finds the movies. I put them into ~/.warzone2100-2.1/sequences (the folder where the savegame folder is, wherever it might be on Windows).
I am using windows extraction wizard. Could you direct me to something better? (edit- upgraded to WinZip)

EDIT: Nevermind, i unzipped ogg into base.wz but videos will not play. Why? Does it actually have to be a debug build? (im using most recent non debug nightly build)

EDIT2: I had to unzip sequences after placing it in base wz... i extracted sequences from the zip file with all sub folders intact.
Now warzone wont even start... ?

Couldnt you guys just host the base.wz file with the fmv's in it and working somewhere? If so, link, please.

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008, 03:10
by Zoloom
Fmv work correctly on Linux i386 with trunk version and 2x size mode.

What a memory !

Thanks to you !

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008, 05:53
by Buginator
Raem_Lylar wrote:I am using windows extraction wizard. Could you direct me to something better? (edit- upgraded to WinZip)

EDIT: Nevermind, i unzipped ogg into base.wz but videos will not play. Why? Does it actually have to be a debug build? (im using most recent non debug nightly build)

EDIT2: I had to unzip sequences after placing it in base wz... i extracted sequences from the zip file with all sub folders intact.
Now warzone wont even start... ?

Couldnt you guys just host the base.wz file with the fmv's in it and working somewhere? If so, link, please.

You do know, if you edit your post, that nobody knows that the thread has been updated?
Anyway, just unzip base.wz. Unzip the sequences into the base directory. Zip it all back up (if you want--the game don't need the zip files if they are extracted)
You can even extract the sequences to data/sequences, and that should work as well IIRC.

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 23:06
by ChronoSphere
so... where does Warzone extract the whole music/savegame etc folder to under Vista? Under XP it's in my documents, i thought it would be in AppData\Roaming\ or Users\MyName for Vista but i can't seem to find it anywhere...

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 23:20
by Jimmbob
If you have the Beta 5 it should be either in your Documents folder under Warzone2100 2.1 or in your Program Files Folder under Warzone2100
I had the same trouble with Beta 4 XD MyTroubles

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 01:58
by Tucalipe
NVM...

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2008, 18:47
by Redhammer999
The "optional file" stuff, you can ignore.
What were you doing when vista gave that error? Seems to be a driver issue, and not warzone related.
You might want to try newer or older video drivers.[/quote]


HI, i get this problem too. It is not just on vista I get the same on xp but anyway it is warzone related, I dont get this error on any of my other games? warzone beta 5 does crash on me after about an hour playing single pl,ayer campaigne or multi. still great to relive my childhood fav game :\

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 17:17
by Misthafalls
Hi all,

Well I found another problem, sound plays, but the video doesn't.
I am not gonna post the error logs, cause I allready found the root of my problem, namelijk my embedded video card Intel 945 does not support GL_ARB_texture_rectangle opengl extension.

So for others if you have Intel 945 embedded graphics cards the solution is that there is no solution, unless the coders here rip out the use of GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, but I doubt that :)

Greetz,
Misthafalls

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2009, 00:22
by MarcusIronfist
Ok guys, I've got the latest svn as of today (1/2/09 - r6527) and I put the sequences folder into the data/base tree so the build zips the .ogg files into base.wz during compile.

After compile completes and I run "make install", when I run the game and start a new single-player campaign, I still don't get video or audio. Is there something else I need to do, or were the vids disabled again?

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 01:19
by Zoloom
MarcusIronfist wrote:Ok guys, I've got the latest svn as of today (1/2/09 - r6527) and I put the sequences folder into the data/base tree so the build zips the .ogg files into base.wz during compile.

After compile completes and I run "make install", when I run the game and start a new single-player campaign, I still don't get video or audio. Is there something else I need to do, or were the vids disabled again?


Well if you are on Linux, you need to put all medias (the "sequences" directory) into the ".warzone2100-2.1" of your personal folder.

For me : /home/zoloom/.warzone2100-2.1

No more config needed for me ;)

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 01:44
by MarcusIronfist
Zoloom wrote:quote="MarcusIronfist"
Ok guys, I've got the latest svn as of today (1/2/09 - r6527) and I put the sequences folder into the data/base tree so the build zips the .ogg files into base.wz during compile.

After compile completes and I run "make install", when I run the game and start a new single-player campaign, I still don't get video or audio. Is there something else I need to do, or were the vids disabled again?
/quote

Well if you are on Linux, you need to put all medias (the "sequences" directory) into the ".warzone2100-2.1" of your personal folder.

For me : /home/zoloom/.warzone2100-2.1

No more config needed for me ;)


That didn't work either.

I put the folder as /home/marcus/.warzone2100-2.1/sequences, and I still just had black screens with the white text, but no sound or vid.

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 01:57
by Zoloom
Try to execute warzone2100 like that (in a shell) :

Code: Select all
warzone2100 --debug all


and give me the return when starting a video.

Try to make another topic for this problem...maybe more answers for you ^^