Two new problems.

Warzone 1.x series. (Aka retail version) (Unsupported!)
E-102 Gamma
Regular
Regular

Two new problems.

Post by E-102 Gamma »

Well, I know for sure that I won't get widescreen in the 1.x versions of Warzone 2100, thanks to my previous thread.

The next best thing, now, is to run it in a 1280x1024 window. Would this be possible?

I found a "-window" launch option in WZ's executable, but when I add it to a shortcut and launch the shortcut, it gives me this error:

...And then launches WZ in fullscreen. What, does the launch option only work if I'm running in 16 bbp? O_o

The reason I'm so desperate for windowed mode is that I recently got a 1080p monitor that has a bad habit of stretching smaller resolutions to the edges of its screen. WZ suffers quite badly because of this.

My next problem is that my screen goes black and the game crashes when any of my units get past the first oil derrick in the campaign. "Incoming Intelligence Report!" *Crash*. Anyone know what's causing this and how I might fix it? Would reinstalling help?

Edit: Before anyone asks, I run the game at 1280x1024 with the renderer set to D3D. Changing the resolution and render mode does not fix this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.
E-102 Gamma
Regular
Regular

Re: Two new problems.

Post by E-102 Gamma »

Well, I just fixed my first problem by setting my Color Quality to 16 BBP. The game launched in a window and ran perfectly.

The second problem persists, though. "Incoming Intelligence Report--Report..." *Crash*. Anyone know what's causing this? Again, should I reinstall?

Thanks.
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

E-102 Gamma wrote:Well, I just fixed my first problem by setting my Color Quality to 16 BBP. The game launched in a window and ran perfectly.

The second problem persists, though. "Incoming Intelligence Report--Report..." *Crash*. Anyone know what's causing this? Again, should I reinstall?

Thanks.
Its most likely trying to play the video which you don't have or it is corrupt. Try downloading video again and put it in the Warzone directory. http://wz2100.net/download
E-102 Gamma
Regular
Regular

Post by E-102 Gamma »

Keep in mind that I'm trying to fix version 1.10.

I think I'll try reinstalling. I might have messed it up by pasting another computer's Warzone 2100 folder over mine while attempting to fix a completely different problem.
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

I never tried compiling ver 1.10 because I have original CD with 1.10 patch. But the problem you describe "Incoming Intelligence Report--Report..." *Crash*. " ... Its trying to play the video and it cannot.
E-102 Gamma
Regular
Regular

Post by E-102 Gamma »

Well, guys, I just fixed it. I had set it to run in compatibility mode for Win 98 / ME, and I had disabled visual themes. I simply turned off CM and re-enabled visual themes, and it worked.

So, wow. I solved both of my problems on my own. O_o

Thanks for trying to help, BunkerBlaster. :)

Sorry for any trouble I caused.