Compiling Warzone 1.10

Warzone 1.x series. (Aka retail version) (Unsupported!)
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Re: Compiling Warzone 1.10

Post by Emdek »

The main issue is not which language use but if it is easy to glue with C++ code (JS using QtScript module has methods for doing that very easy). ;-)
And I don't know about any issues caused by new scripting so far (except that not all API was ported yet).
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

Lord Apocalypse wrote:Between poking 1.10 and working on vega strike, don't think I would have the time to really dig into 3.1 for anything more than bug reports. Also, I want to really dig into 1.10 and try things that have already been done with 2.3 or 3.1 I don't mind reinventing the wheel though I think for the moment my first priority with 1.10 will be to update WZ to use DX9/11
Hi,

Will it be 1.10 with 3.x terrain renderer then? Not sure why do you need DX11, as all that vertex buffers stuff starts at DX7... DX9 will be fine for compatibility with xp, but even at current DX6 level 1.10a is running nice with win8 XD excluding eidos media stack...
Maybe you do plan some repo on github for this?
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Don't get git so for now will stick with using svn. May create a project on sourceforge. Now if someone wants to cross load whatever work I do on git-hub I have no problem with it. Using sourceforge would make things easier, and better than a local svn repo that might get lost during a HD failure.

Not sure about the terrain renderer. Just something else to look at over the life of the WZ source since 1.10

I did manage to compile a working binary from the original source (with the sscanf change in r44 from the old svn) on VC9 so thats a start.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Lord Apocalypse wrote:Don't get git so for now will stick with using svn. May create a project on sourceforge. Now if someone wants to cross load whatever work I do on git-hub I have no problem with it. Using sourceforge would make things easier, and better than a local svn repo that might get lost during a HD failure.

Not sure about the terrain renderer. Just something else to look at over the life of the WZ source since 1.10

I did manage to compile a working binary from the original source (with the sscanf change in r44 from the old svn) on VC9 so thats a start.
Have you been in touch with Chojun about his re-vamped v.1.10 source?

He did work on the renderer with splendid results. Here let me grab some in game screens to show you what I mean....

Attachments
2012-03-12 13.35.08.png
2012-03-12 13.34.25.png
2012-03-12 13.33.19.png
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

where can we download this version? can't you put it up someplace so we can play around with it?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

zany wrote:where can we download this version? can't you put it up someplace so we can play around with it?
No it's not available for dl.

Making it available for dl is not my decision to make.

Though I can say that unlike in the past, the legal obstacles for doing so, last I was told, have been removed.

- Regards, RV. :hmm:
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Here's the response I got back on that source
Chojun wrote:Hey LA. Long time :)

I still have the source for the so-called 'wz2200' project. I'm in the process of making it available via sourceforge, so stay tuned for that (I can't yet guarantee when I'll actually be able to get it up there but I hope it's soon).

Visiraptor is/was a codename for a special, extremely lean implementation of the Irrlicht engine (1.4 I think) for Warzone 2100. Not very much was done on it, to be honest.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Chojun
That was mid november. Hope he gets it out soon, would be nice to look over.
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Rman Virgil wrote:
zany wrote:where can we download this version? can't you put it up someplace so we can play around with it?
No it's not available for dl.

Making it available for dl is not my decision to make.

Though I can say that unlike in the past, the legal obstacles for doing so, last I was told, have been removed.

- Regards, RV. :hmm:
who can make the decision to release it then? why do you have it?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Hehe... that Chojun. In all fairness he has his hands full as any papa would with a pacel of youngins. But he will keep his word - later than sooner but still it counts. Still owe him a lunch too goin on a few years now, so I shouldn't talk. ;)
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Irrlicht engine, interesting, I've heard about that engine before, that could be best way to go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrlicht_Engine
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

Rman Virgil wrote: He did work on the renderer with splendid results. Here let me grab some in game screens to show you what I mean....
There are Pumpkin/Eidos copyrights on second screenshot :hmm:
Seems like 2200 project is as old as 2100 itself...
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Or they just enabled some code from the original source: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... y3d.c#L529
We want information... information... information.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

zany wrote:
who can make the decision to release it then? why do you have it?
It's on Chojun.

The reason I have it is because I was on the project team and actively worked on stuff with Chojun, Grim & Remus (aka Watermellon).

I have wanted all the files released for years (source and data set) and since the last barrier to that was relieved last fall of 2011 I was hoping it would happen sooner than later. Just have to be patient. Chojun has a lot of priorities in real life that I can empathize with. Family before all else, in a nutshell.

- Regards, RV. :)
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Nice example of Irrlicht in action: http://sourceforge.net/apps/gallery/irr ... temId=1099 <-- love that sky!!
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Would be nice to have such visible terrain beneath the surface of the water, and damp banks in 3.1...
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241