Compiling Warzone 1.10

Warzone 1.x series. (Aka retail version) (Unsupported!)
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Re: Compiling Warzone 1.10

Post by MaNGusT »

несколько вопросов. зачем ты решил копаться в оригинальном коде? только для того что бы перевести его на новый директ? хочешь оставить всё старое, только подправить графику чтоль? :-)
и почему ты не хочешь занятся переводом с оупен джиэла на директ с версией 2.3.0? создал бы новую бранч в свн'е и копался бы с директом.
Rodion
Greenhorn

Post by Rodion »

Да меня, в принципе, старая версия вполне устраивает. Посмотрим - со временем, может быть, я вольюсь в коллектив, если меня, конечно, примут - просто у меня - есть планы по модификации, которые могут не всем понравиться. Быть может - лучше на English'е общаться - ведь форум читают не только русскоязычные игроки, программисты, дизайнеры и другие люди, заинтересованные игрой? :-)
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

Rodion wrote:Да меня, в принципе, старая версия вполне устраивает. Посмотрим - со временем, может быть, я вольюсь в коллектив, если меня, конечно, примут - просто у меня - есть планы по модификации, которые могут не всем понравиться. Быть может - лучше на English'е общаться - ведь форум читают не только русскоязычные игроки, программисты, дизайнеры и другие люди, заинтересованные игрой? :-)
English would be nice. :)
Rodion
Greenhorn

Post by Rodion »

Ok, the next answers will be in English - from my part at least :-) .
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

EvilGuru wrote:Try checking out an early SVN revision of this project. We have gone to great lengths to preserve the history of the code over the past five or so years. It is likely that several of the early commits (pre-Linux support) deal with getting the game to compile.

The detailed change-sets will allow you to determine exactly what was changed between revisions. Doing so should allow you to get the pure 1.10 experience you desire without needing to reinvent the wheel.

Polemically yours, Freddie.
Not to necro post but... since svn is gone when can I find the early work on 1.x series of code.. I've got it all down except for parser_l.c giving me headaches in VC10 (maybe I should switch to VC6 and work up from there...)
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

This is probably one of closest to:
https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/tree/v1.10a
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Thanks, that should work I hope. Yep, after looking it over thats what I needed :)
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

If I recall rightly the only change in this v. from Pumpkin's release was simply upping the max unit limit in game.

The major changes came shortly after in the "c" v. to support the first iteration of Troman's Aivolution a.i..

Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Yeah, I noticed that and a change to the max poly count for the pie models. Aside from the tweaks to the a v. all I was really interested in was seeing what was needed to get a working compile going from there. After spending an hour or so digging into the VC6 project files I figured it would be easier and faster to find the first working solution rather than spending a few days getting the project files working correctly.

So, hopefully I can toy with the source and make something of it. I've had a few ideas for it, most notably giving WZ a skinnable lua interface akin to World of Warcraft as well as possibly changing out the scripting system in favor of a neverwinter nights clone nwscript. Daunting challenges, but im up for getting a little dusty to make it work (or crash). :stressed: :lecture: :geek:
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Lord Apocalypse wrote:Yeah, I noticed that and a change to the max poly count for the pie models. Aside from the tweaks to the a v. all I was really interested in was seeing what was needed to get a working compile going from there. After spending an hour or so digging into the VC6 project files I figured it would be easier and faster to find the first working solution rather than spending a few days getting the project files working correctly.

So, hopefully I can toy with the source and make something of it. I've had a few ideas for it, most notably giving WZ a skinnable lua interface akin to World of Warcraft as well as possibly changing out the scripting system in favor of a neverwinter nights clone nwscript. Daunting challenges, but im up for getting a little dusty to make it work (or crash). :stressed: :lecture: :geek:
why not just fix the current version?
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

too much I just don't want to get into such as using qt json etc. Love whats going on with the current version and I may poke at it and submit some bug reports but development.. I'll start with 1.10 and work up to something different. Not like im trying to take away from this project :P

Between poking 1.10 and working on vega strike, don't think I would have the time to really dig into 3.1 for anything more than bug reports. Also, I want to really dig into 1.10 and try things that have already been done with 2.3 or 3.1 I don't mind reinventing the wheel though I think for the moment my first priority with 1.10 will be to update WZ to use DX9/11
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Lord Apocalypse, personally in such case I would think more about starting from scratch and using existing code as reference or to borrow some code from it only. ;-)

Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

That's possible though for now a bit beyond my capabilities. Tinkering with the original 1.10 will probably end up being easier. Though I will definitely be attempting to rewrite some sections into C++ and putting into place some linked lists and/or vectors but mostly as stated above im just interested in seeing how WZ would look with a skinnable gui and a different scripting system. Side note, have you used the scripting system from neverwinter nights at all? Its really nice to work with.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Lord Apocalypse, nope, from script languages used in games I've used only JS, and not for gaming (but with proper API it is just enough and due to that it is used more widely we can use more optimized engines)...

I'm also planning (but I'm not sure if it will succeed as I've not worked too much on OpenGL except simple microphone model few years ago) rewriting WZ (master) GUI to something more flexible (and scripted too). ;-)

Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

I know EVE online and Vega Strike use python for gui work. Simcity 4 uses lua for a lot of internal work and WoW uses lua for a lot of different work. Not sure what kind of scripting other games use other than going with lex/yacc to create new scripting codes.

How well has JS worked so far with the current version of WZ?