2.0.6 preview (please test) [UPDATED #1]

Warzone 2.0.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

2.0.6 preview (please test) [UPDATED #1]

Post by DevUrandom »

Hello everyone!

We are progressing towards 2.0.6 and want you to test our work before giving it to the public.
Please check whether the bugs you reported and we said we fixed are really fixed, if the exe works on all systems (Win98 e.g.) or if any annoying new bugs appeared. You don't need to go into excessive debugging, just tell is if you encounter any anomalies when normally running this exe.

If you get these exes to crash:
- On Windows you will get a popup window which asks you to save a diagnostic file. Please choose yes and send us the file. It is very helpful for us.
- On Linux Warzone will automatically save a textfile into /tmp/warzone2100.gdmp. Please also send us this file. (It is very helpful if you have GDB installed. You don't have to run Warzone through it, as Warzone can start it automatically on a crash.)

Note: These files contain informations about your system and the crash. They should be completely anonymous...
The Linux textfile is, for sure, you can control that yourself.
The Windows Minidump should be also, but as of it's binary nature Microsoft might hide something in it. At least in my tests I wasn't able to discover anything unusual and you can be sure that we wouldn't use those informations for any malicious things if we could access that info at all.

warzone2100.exe.7z is the Windows binary
warzone2100.7z is the Linux binary
Both are 7zip compressed: http://7zip.org/
Just extract them to your Warzone directory and override the old exe/binary. (You might want to save a backup of the old exe, though.)

On Systems older than Windows XP you need to download the dbghelp.dll.7z and extract it to your Warzone folder. Make sure you read the license.txt as this DLL is not GPLed!
Sorry for the inconvenience...

Thank you for your efforts!
ChangeLog since 2.0.5: wrote: 0000-00-00: Version 2.0.6
* General:
  * New: New exceptionhandler allows better bugreports by saving memory dumps (On Windows and Linux)
  * Fix: Windows 98 is supported again
  * Fix: Saving of config should work correctly for all settings again
  * Fix: Missing transport in Campaign 2 Mission 1 and Campaign 3 Mission 1 arrives again
  * Fix: Various crashes
* Graphics:
  * New: Translucent selection-box from version 1.x restored
  * Change: Make cutscene texts more easily readable
  * Fix: Wrongly displayed tileset in Campaign 2 Mission 1 and Campaign 3 Mission 1 properly fixed
  * Fix: Camera now properly displayed on radar
  * Fix: Gamma control support improved
  * Fix: Colors on Mac corrected
* Sound:
  * Fix: No more invalid OpenAL errors
* Commandline options:
  * Fix: --resolution works as expect now
* Build system:
  * New: Docs can now be installed in Autotools builds
  * New: You can now control the installation dir for the icon and .desktop file by passing --icondir and --applicationdir to configure
  * New: MSVC project file now supports automated building of lexers/parsers
  * Change: Generation of lexers/parsers changed
  * Change: Data is now build by default
  * Change: Automated building of NSIS installer is now supported on Linux and Windows
            (You will have to set --with-makensis --with-installer-libdir and --with-installer-version)
  * Fix: Autotool build: Cleaning and uninstallation has been fixed (and generally Automake's features are used better)
[red]UPDATE[/red]:
Updated binaries to r909. This should fix several additional crashes and also changes the cutscenes further:
Update to the ChangeLog wrote: * Cutscenes (still text only):
  * Change: Make texts more easily readable
  * Change: Proceed faster so it does not look as if Warzone hangs
  * Change: Exit by pressing left mouse button
Fixed crashes were: (list not necessarily complete)
- Empty config file
- Mac OpenGL
- Victory in beta campaign
Attachments
license.txt
(18.32 KiB) Downloaded 836 times
dbghelp.dll.7z
(363.79 KiB) Downloaded 843 times
warzone2100.exe.r909.7z
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 975 times
warzone2100.r909.7z
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 876 times
Last edited by Kamaze on 23 Mar 2007, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 2.0.6 preview (please test)

Post by Kreuvf »

Errors for me with the following message:
"Die erforderliche .DLL-Datei DBGHELP.DLL wurde nicht gefunden."
Translation ~~
"Required .DLL DBGHELP.DLL not found."

EDIT: Forgot to mention (although is should be clear(?)): Warzone does not even start
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Downloading and installing http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... D5E14DB6C0 should fix this.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

its run ok on my system, but where is change log ? I dont see anything new here. :(
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

ChangeLog is in SVN, as allways: http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/w ... /ChangeLog

About the Win98 issue:
I could probably make that code run without having a dbghelp.dll. But then it couldn't create a memory dump.
Would be nice to get some voices, whether you think this is needed, or whether downloading that dll from Microsoft is ok for you.
Last edited by DevUrandom on 07 Mar 2007, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

You add "videos" .... right ? But  cant see it in campaing or even in skirmish.

May be I need to put them somewhere(that videos from forum).
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

You are talking about " Change: Make cutscene texts more easily readable"?
That only refers to the texts (subtitles) and not to the videos... Maybe I should find a more clear wording.
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

DevUrandom wrote: About the Win98 issue:
I could probably make that code run without having a dbghelp.dll. But then it couldn't create a memory dump.
Would be nice to get some voices, whether you think this is needed, or whether downloading that dll from Microsoft is ok for you.
Mhh, so in the final version of 2.0.6 this memory dumping is not available and that MS-dll not necessary?
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

No. I meant that it is possible to make the dbghelp.dll optional. But that would go at the cost of most people not installing it, what would mean that we would get less debugging info.
trueblues
Greenhorn

Post by trueblues »

Pardon my ignorance. But why does this series of warzone2100 builts (2.0.x) all gives extreme unplayable lag, even at main menu? Was still under test and its suppose to be this way? Or was it graphic issue? It happens on both my desktop and laptop machines, though it get fixed when I play under fullscreen with my laptop only.  ???
rcbecker1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rcbecker1 »

What ever you did it works better than ever before, yahoo plays great on my Win XP.

Ok I tried to add a couple of maps and then it started to crash. I deleted everything to reinstal then it wont work at all. the first time it set up the WZ exes in the file now it overwrites the exe to only have one and wont work.
Ray
Last edited by rcbecker1 on 08 Mar 2007, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
rcbecker1
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

ChangeLogs wrote: * Fix: Saving of config should work correctly for all settings again
Well, works, if you do it in the main menu --> options --> audio options (for example). Doing it during a game will not save the adjusted value to the config. Tested it with Voice Volume and FX Volume.
RayfenWindspear
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RayfenWindspear »

I'm having a few problems since I started the 2.0.6 beta thing...

First... some info on my comp:

Warzone2100 Version
2.0.6 Beta

Operating System
Windows XP Pro SP2

Hardware Information
2.8Ghz CPU, 768Mb RAM
Video: ATI Radeon 9600 128Mb RAM (yes I know this game doesnt like radeon but its never had problems til now)

Warzone2100 Configuration
Default except fullscreen, no shadows, 1024x768

Bug Description

1. Any time (well, most of the time) I use the ctrl or shift buttons to select multiple units, queue builds, or change the game speed the controls kinda "lock up" for about 5 seconds and wont let me do anything. The game still plays fine but I cant move the map or click stuff or anything. Which is kinda annoying when you've just changed the speed to 20X  >:(. Specifics: Mouse shows target reticule when this happens. Game does seem to slow a tiny bit and mouse kinda skips around a little.

2. This isnt exactly a problem with the beta I don't think but in campaign 1 after clearing the main area of enemies completely it says to build a base on the plateau and I do but it won't go on.

Can't think of anything else ATM  :-X
-RayfenWindspear-
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

rcbecker1 wrote: What ever you did it works better than ever before, yahoo plays great on my Win XP.

Ok I tried to add a couple of maps and then it started to crash.
If it crashes, you should be asked to save a diagnostic file... If you are not asked (a yes/no messagebox), then that's another bug.
RayfenWindspear wrote: 2. This isnt exactly a problem with the beta I don't think but in campaign 1 after clearing the main area of enemies completely it says to build a base on the plateau and I do but it won't go on.
Maybe you can attach a savegame? (We need the .gam, the .es if it exists and the directory of the same name.)