Looking for maps Compatible with 2.0.10

Warzone 2.0.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Looking for maps Compatible with 2.0.10

Post by NucNut »

I've been looking for additional maps, and i'm finding it very difficult to find maps ready to be unzipped and played - they either have to be converted from .wdg or are arranged randomly (WTF is a .wzm file?)... Does anyone know of any maps that i can use, WITHOUT crappy pathfinding.

*Sigh*

Anyway, i've been playing the highway map (2 Player) in skirmish, and i love turtling in it :) are there any similar add-on maps available?
REDAC Aerospace: Proving that aircraft and terrain don't mix since 2005 :D
XFire Profile: dogzeroonefox
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Looking for maps Compatible with 2.0.10

Post by Buginator »

NucNut wrote:I've been looking for additional maps, and i'm finding it very difficult to find maps ready to be unzipped and played - they either have to be converted from .wdg or are arranged randomly (WTF is a .wzm file?)... Does anyone know of any maps that i can use, WITHOUT crappy pathfinding.

*Sigh*

Anyway, i've been playing the highway map (2 Player) in skirmish, and i love turtling in it :) are there any similar add-on maps available?
Um, and just what aren't you using the 2.1.x version of the game? You may be able to find some 2.0.x versions, but I dunno why you would bother.

While some maps can have crappy pathfinding, that is only part of the problem. 2.1 should have better path finding (when it is fixed).
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

Okay, downloading the beta now. Will the old maps from 2.0.10 be compatible?
Also, are the 2.1.x maps in the .wzm format?

Just haven't been using the beta cause my downloads for the month have been used up.... oh well.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

NucNut wrote:Okay, downloading the beta now. Will the old maps from 2.0.10 be compatible?
Also, are the 2.1.x maps in the .wzm format?

Just haven't been using the beta cause my downloads for the month have been used up.... oh well.
Nope, 2.0.x maps don't work with 2.1. (well, they will work, if you hand fix them...)
.wzm? I never heard/seen it. Just .wz, which are really zip files.
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

Okay, how do i convert the maps? It says how to convert the .wdg to .wz maps on the wiki, so how do i convert 2.0.x maps to 2.1?