a large thankyou to Giel and the Gna! support folks.

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

a large thankyou to Giel and the Gna! support folks.

Post by lav_coyote25 »

For all the hard work to bring the svn up to date with all the history of both GNA and the Berlios systems.
check out the SVN - it took me just over an hour to checkout... and i am on cable. :o
so as i say - a BIG thanks to all involved.

edit: this is both an announcement and news - the community should be made aware of the lengths some of us go to  to provide a better experience - if its in the wrong damn place - move it.  thanks ;D
lav_coyote25 ;D
Attachments
svn size on disk.png
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 03 Jul 2007, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Re: a large thankyou to Giel and the GNA support folks.

Post by Giel »

lav_coyote25 wrote: check out the SVN - it took me just over an hour to checkout... and i am on cable. :o
What URL did you use to check warzone out ?

Because I'm pretty sure you used something like svn://svn.gna.org/svn/warzone/ instead of svn://svn.gna.org/svn/warzone/trunk/ the added trunk part is very important and will reduce both size and time to check out (size=129MB for me).

PS I modified the title of the topic to have my name with a capital ;) (and while at it renamed "GNA" -> "Gna!" as they're called on their website)
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Giel wrote: What URL did you use to check warzone out ?

Because I'm pretty sure you used something like svn://svn.gna.org/svn/warzone/ instead of svn://svn.gna.org/svn/warzone/trunk/ the added trunk part is very important and will reduce both size and time to check out (size=129MB for me).

PS I modified the title of the topic to have my name with a capital ;) (and while at it renamed "GNA" -> "Gna!" as they're called on their website)

i tried to use the first - kept getting errors -so went and DL'd all of it.

as for the capital letters - i use capitals very seldom...only if i remember  ;D

and this makes number 4 - i am human - i make mistakes - if you want me to correct them - tell me what it is that needs correcting - do not do it for me...thankyou ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: a large thankyou to Giel and the Gna! support folks.

Post by DevUrandom »

Moved this from News (which are displayed on the frontpage) to Feedback.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

lav_coyote25 wrote: if you want me to correct them - tell me what it is that needs correcting - do not do it for me...thankyou ;D
Actually I thought it was your intention to put this on the frontpage, and I thought we should correct errors on the frontpage as soon as possible.

Anyway, as for you making mistakes, no problem with that. According to the laws of probability I will too, someday make at least one. :P
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh