Guess what.... I'M NOT A NOO6!!!!

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
Czarr

Guess what.... I'M NOT A NOO6!!!!

Post by Czarr »

Hey guys, Czar here new to the forums, the game of WZ 210o... BUT NOT RTS's!!!! :stressed: :!!!:

It just so happns that most games I try to join I end up getting kicked from. What I would like to know is WHY??? Is there a special chat channel that games are organized from? cuz if there is id like to know (BTW: Im NOT talking about the one that is linked in the FAQ section because I see NO games discussed there or not very often at any rate) So could someone explanify to me how I can get into gmaes often without being kicked pls? :lecture:
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: Guess what.... I'M NOT A NOO6!!!!

Post by JDW »

Request people on the IRC #warzone2100-games channel if they would like to play you. Usually hosts make regular requests for gamers to join their hosted games. When they do that, ask them if they would let you join in. And if you have a different game name then mention it to them, otherwise they may mistake you for being someone else.

This would probably stop you from getting kicked out of games.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Czarr

Post by Czarr »

Thx... ya turns out there was a hax0r hanging around (cheeky wilson i think) who was effing with the lobbies so no worries!
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Hmm, i've had a similar feeling recently on a completely different occasion. :(

You might have noticed (or might not have (: ) i'm trying to host and play duels on Startup now, and i'm having a lot of fun with it. But around 10 or 15 of my last games were just a stupid n00b-beating, and no good players responded to my calls on irc for quite a while already. Well, i can understand this much.

But several minutes ago, one good player has passed nearby and joined my game, and said: "hey, they're hosting NTW nearby"! Sounded as if NTW maps are the very best thing humanity has ever invented, and everyone who doesn't know about it is a n00b.

Maaaan ... I'm no n00b. I know how to see the games that are up around me. If i want an NTW, i wouldn't have hosted startup. When i host startup, i mean i want startup!!

NTWs are really a waste of time: you learn nothing by playing them, and the winning team is always the one that has less n00bs in it. I won't be playing this crap any time soon. No more team play, unless i'm sure of my teammates. Only duels are interesting.
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

Hao, I dropped by and invited you to join a different game. But I never called you a noob, and I never meant to imply such a thing. I know better, since I've played with and against you. I even addressed you by your forum screen name, not your game handle. I never once knocked your gaming preference, or the fact you were hosting a 1v1 game. Many players find team play enjoyable, I thought you were one of them. Apparently, I was incorrect.

We already had three good players and we really needed a forth to get a team game off the ground. At the time, there were no other games hosted, except yours, and not very many players were coming online. I only wanted to find a fourth good player for a good game and I didn't want to have to go through Captcha Cryptography in order to log into IRC. I felt the people I was playing with were good enough teammates that you would've enjoyed the game. I felt you might have more fun playing with us, than waiting for another player to join during a slow traffic time. That's all it was man, an invitation to play.

Personally, I like maps with interesting terrain. And I love challenges like trying to survive on AI-Assault against 4 maxed out AIs who have the upper hand from the get go. But sometimes playing a less desirable game is better than not playing, When i find players that are fun to play with or against, I' try to remain open to playing whatever type of game is available.
My game handle is Cosmic Raven or Cosmic Raven 68
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Heh, i wasn't refering to you this time; i even think i have already written this when you came, and i have already calmed down by that time (: Np (:

P.S. I didn't find any good opponents around anyway XD
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

hao wrote:Heh, i wasn't refering to you this time; i even think i have already written this when you came, and i have already calmed down by that time (: Np (:

P.S. I didn't find any good opponents around anyway XD
I still not find yet a good player to challenge me on HighGround map, i always started on South Base, and sadly, most of them were noob-ownage matches (last match a guy claimed that was disturbing that my tanks were not dying :stare: guess what?),

I invite you to a 1v1 match on HighGround map when we have free time and meet someday on IRC :wink:

I would like to share our MP experience if we can improve ours skills & tactics on low oil maps

Regards BP
ToTaLkRieG

Post by ToTaLkRieG »

I'm a noob, so?... noobs can have fun too. and experience is overrated anyway.

hi guys :)

owh hey, I found the beta5 mission seemed a real pain, but it's easy. you get 2 hours but you can do it in 15, or even 10 mins. and if you wait it out you end up with some 80000 power left. well... I did. curious? I added my solution in the comments. :P
and what's more; this works on a lot of the levels.

noobs sometimes come upon odd solutions, don't underestimate noobness. :wink: