Interenet game shell

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
maway

Interenet game shell

Post by maway »

I have a nice idea for the game.
Game is great and taking me to forget the real world, but when i want to chalenge other people, i actualy can't do this. There is no server which would show all available games created (like d2, sc). Also there should be a chat, so the people could talk to each other, also there could be rankigs win/loses, and tournaments, skill ranking sergiant, captan (names would be givenfor amount of victories 100 for example).
In this way game would be more popular, dont u think so? So i sugest if game masters would like to increase game popularity they should include internet game shell in new version! :scream:
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Re: Interenet game shell

Post by EvilGuru »

There are/were plans and I must stress that they are only plans at this point to add such functionality to the lobby system (in the way of a re-write).

The idea is as follows:
  • When you connect to the lobby server, you will optionally be asked for your forum user-name and password.
  • The list of games you will be subsequently given will then be tailored to you; in that you will only be shown games you can join.
  • This will be extended to tournament play.
  • When hosting a game, one will be able to choose who can join, be this using a plain-old password, or by selectively choosing user-names which are valid.
  • The server will maintain a list of tournament games you have won and lost and assign you a rank.
The hardest bit about implementing this is the GUI modifications required -- which would be extensive. The GUI is, however, being re-designed, so that it should be a lot simpler to modify in the future. The network side of things should not be all that difficult.

Regards, Freddie.