Thanks

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
dak180
Trained
Trained

Re: Thanks

Post by dak180 »

aubergine wrote:Big thanks to dak180 - I keep noticing little improvements for us Mac users, like the dmg's getting an apps folder, the help menu working better, and a bunch of other stuff :) The physfs patch thing in the recent 3.1 RC 3 is very much appreciated :)
The improvements to the help menu are largely thanks to NanoTech. :)
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Ah, well, thanks to him as well then. WZ is easily the best RTS on Mac platform IMHO :)
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

I'd like to give a big shout out to Per, who's been really involved with the community in terms of expanding JavaScript functionality within Warzone 2100. I'm anxious to see what version 3.2 will bring. :D
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Yeah, the JS API is awesome! I was updating some pages in the wiki recently and this one made me realise just how much stuff has been exposed to the JS API by Per (and others that have worked on it?): https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/jsapi/API
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
anonim17465
Trained
Trained

Post by anonim17465 »

Thanks for making most complicated RTS I've ever seen.

It's very nice that you can use cyborgs that will protect your artilery that will be assigned to a sensor finder turret and will destroy other player sensor, so it will not able to fire at you(and many other complicated combinations)... And at the same time you can simply make 50 tanks, and both options can lead you to victory =)
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Thanks to everybody developing this game. This easily enters my favorite games list and it never ceases to amaze me :D
derpyhoovs

Post by derpyhoovs »

thanks guys!
The Geekster
New user

Thank You

Post by The Geekster »

Hey.

I remember playing Warzone 2100 on my old PSONE with a little screen attached and even though I could barely pass the first campaign, I loved the game. Now I'm a little older, a couple of months ago I found this project that had restored and kept Warzone 2100 alive and kicking and I just wanted to say thank you for the hours of fun.

Thank you to the people who put in the effort and have the knowledge to keep an old game like this (Tbh doesn't even look that old) going and so far beating any effort of an RTS from any big publishers *Looking at you EA*.

So yeah, I just wanted to say thank you.

I have no idea if any devs/staff/anyone will actually read this or care but I just felt like I should say something, I normally stay quiet on forums and bits, but I think this really deserves to continue until the collapse.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Its a very nice Post and Im sure everyone involved with warzone appreciates your words.
The Geekster wrote:I have no idea if any devs/staff/anyone will actually read this or care but I just felt like I should say something, I normally stay quiet on forums and bits, but I think this really deserves to continue until the collapse.
Regards Berg
AmazingWZ

Post by AmazingWZ »

this game is freaking amazing!
thanks for bringing it back from the dead!

it would be great if you guys could support multiple monitors like the way supreme commander does that would rock and I would pay for this feature to be made!
Kermits

Post by Kermits »

Nice game, but campaign is either bugged or way too easy!
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

I would pay for this feature to be made!
Yeah? How much?
Osiris
New user

Post by Osiris »

Seems I am the first to post a thank you to the WarZone team for this welcome new addition to the WarZone line. I was one of the first WarZone customers and still have the old red and black box with the three disk set that came with the game. It was first reviewed on 'PC-Gamer' when it came out under Pumpkin software back in the Prosperous Nineties under good President Clinton who got us all jobs and prosperity no matter what the depression tax givaway to the richest .0001% republicans said about him. I have enjoyed this game in good times and bad on everything from an old 386/387 DOS machine thru various windo$$$ flavors and then thru Win95/98/Me/2000/XP/Veeesta/and finally 7. It has been installed on my homebuilt computers for nearly 20 years. It never disappoints in its pyrotechnics and three D play. Its units do not get lost or get stupid......usually. So thanks again for keeping a natural armor combat game alive all these years.
Ich bin einer Amerikanischer nur mein familie bist Deutsch fur seiben hundred jahren...Schloßstein..... von Schwabisch-Halle im 1237! Alles bierbrauers und saltsieders. My two great uncles were Luftwaffe pilots flying Me110's. One was an ace. They were not nazis so never got promoted beyond Kapitan Got credit for five Russian air kills but bet he had more. They kept sending him over the White Sea in winter and year around hoping he or his bruder would not come back, but they always did through six years and more of war. Thought the gang here would like an old war story and this one is old as they come. Von der ZweienWeltenKriegen! My one Uncle finally retired from the Luftwaffe, now the BundesLuftwaffe in 1970 as an Oberst.
Osiris
New user

Post by Osiris »

To add to my previous post, I also have this game on several Linux distros: SuSE, RedHat (old) and RedHat Fedora(new), Mandriva, and working on install in Debian. Would like a straight .deb install file as would make install a lot simpler. But thanks again to this team for this game. It is the best wargame bar none that I have ever played and I have played a lot.
Roarkethemerciless
New user

Post by Roarkethemerciless »

I will play again on my windows 7 ultimate machine. Thank you for this good game.