Thanks

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
eZAK
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Thanks

Post by eZAK »

Just my 2 bits,

A Big Thank You! to everyone involved in this project!

I found WZ2100 just two weeks ago, and I am Hooked!

Keep up the great work!!!!
"The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams......"

Post by guest »

AWSOME game... but some features really need improvement!
for eg.. a plasmite vtol carries two bombs but drops only 1!!!!
John L

Post by John L »

This game is currently my crack. Thanks, y'all. Keep it up.
ChiefJustice

Post by ChiefJustice »

I have to say, GREAT WORK, what you all are doing here. Never seen something like this before. Grats for never giving up your work here and again very BIG THANKS for bringing such an interesting and capivating and thrilling game to me and my friends.
GL & HF in bugfixing and further development:)
Greetz
Chief
Mansel

Post by Mansel »

omg omg omg omg omg. thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

used to love this game, forgot about it. did a google. and saw this, "Download?! aahh theyve made it free 'cos its old, wait... 2011 news update? new alpha released WHAAAAAAAAAATT??? *massive joy amounts in face*

brilliant
fezvez
New user

Post by fezvez »

Yay, truly thanks for the great work!
owingtothis
New user

Post by owingtothis »

Thanks so much for the continuing development guys. This has to be my favourite all time game and when my original discs got screwed from being over used i didn'tthink id see this game for a long long time.

everyone here im sure is very appreciative of the time and effort you put in to keep this amazing game going.

much love!! and keep it up!
Naneno
New user

Post by Naneno »

Also from my end - THANKS a lot for all the effort. I have been a fan since the first day of the game's release, and it is great to see the project still alive.

Kudos to everyone involved
N
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

So get this: programmers are those that are professional at ramming grammar. So what does it mean? To ram grammar professionally? You see, programmers are above the normal English dictionary; In a sense, Programming is a foreign language. However, their complexity in communications are much, much more complicated than ours. Take for example, our alphabet. 24 letters. That's all that's inside the alphabet. No wonder why it’s called “alphabet!” it’s a language that was created as the alpha stages of our life. That’s pretty much the speech pattern of any nations language: they all share an alphabet.

But look at the programmers alphabet-whooothereitgoes. The programmers? They have no friggen alpha stages anymore, they’re on beta. We are the betebets of a new generation of programmers. The complexity in the massive arch of data, streamings, and milla-nano bytes per second, change one letter…then BAMM! The whole massive wall of some strange text becomes something else. Programming is essentially a combination of DNA. Change one thing, and it’s like changing the dna structure into something else that's entirely different.

Then you compare it to the ABC’s. it’s like comparing water droplets to its self, in an infinitely growing thing. So imagine this puddle starts growing in your room. Somewhere in that puddle, is the original molecule of water. The others are just the comparison by large of how small it is. So, this thing is growing at a rate of %.001 times itself. So you ignore it for a while. When you look back, it has gotten much bigger, and it’s growing faster now. somewhere in that thing is the original molecule. Remember, this represents our alphabet, and comparing to how complex and fast growing programming is.

So it’s getting bigger and bigger, soon a cylinder pillar forms, and smaller, curved ones are circling around the shaft of the main pillar. So it stays like that for a while, the main pillar growing, the other ones wrapped around it, creating a kind of screw affect. Eventually, it get’s as big as the room. Then the house. Then the neighbor’s yard. And this thing is always evolving, twisting and bending to make new shapes and forms. It’s the very complexity of programming in its basic form.

Anyway, there can be no limitations. A single letter in that strange language, could be a string of letters billions of times bigger then it’s self.

So it’s all that in the above, that I should mention that this is going out to all those that participated in the creation of this great game. It’s exactly this kind of knowledge and skill that you guys put into the knowledge and power to harness the abilities to code. That’s why most of just learn normal language. But you programmers? Pffft. You need a higher level of communication to create worlds with.

And so you do. You are practically gods of this world that you call Warzone. You have the people, worshiping over the game you resurrected. Just sitting around, chilling, watching this thing grow constantly…

Uhh…

(Intermission)

Oh yeah. You guys are something. I’ve been trying to think of a word that goes past the word ‘Epic’. So I realized: I’ll use a combination of names of the programmers on these games as part of the word that goes past ‘Epic’. Period. But yeah, You are the word that goes waaaay beyond ‘Epic’.

Somebody help me, I need to know how the word is spelled. Give me ideas! Then when the word spreads around the internet, people will go, “Oh hey, it’s that one word.” Then they are gonna nod. Yeah.

Waoh! way off topic. Damn cameraman guy…

Okay, now that the distraction is over, go back to that one thing that was growing constantly earlier. SHHH-wow. It’s like, the Eifel Tower time three, then multiplying it by that much suddenly.

It’s this growth and awesomeness that reaches way beyond our silly comprehensions. Heck, while we are congratulating you, you might as well play that Mortal Kombat music where they introduce the characters names. But instead, the character will be introduced as you. Just this really big screen, and suddenly ‘PER!’ by this angry sounding guy who sounds slightly muffled. And it’s all over this big screen and it’s introducing you guys! Why not? Whelll yeah! Why not! You deserve it, gg.

So there you have it. You guys are made of so much win, that not even captain falcons brass nipple caps can match(wtf?) it. And thank you.

And this, is why programmers are the rammers of grammar professionally.
rockachu2-guest

Post by rockachu2-guest »

OMG long post.
Congrats for making it not an eyesore to read.

Thanks to the warzone team for working on this game for so long. I've played it for at least two years, and have used linux since ubuntu 5.04 (whenever the hell that was)
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

thanx!
Gamma052
New user

Post by Gamma052 »

I've been playing this game since the PS1 days, and just stumbled across the PC remake. Thank you to everyone for their hard work and dedication to keeping a great game alive and running. Hopefully I can shell out my worth sometimes with some programming help.

Programmers: Thank you for your continued and unwavering efforts to churn through code line after line to keep this project alive. I myself am a programmer, albeit a noobie one compared to the results I've seen here, but I know what it's like to churn through code. Once again, thank you for everything.

Graphics: You keep the game from making me upset when things look ugly. I understand it's an old game, but the graphics are still great. I love the retro feel I get, as well as the nostalgia from my PS1 days. Keep up the outstanding work, and hopefully someday, we'll see some HD graphics across the board.

And to everyone else: Thank you for your continued support over this great game. I'm joyed and ecstatic to see such a large and thriving community over such an old game. It's not too big, but just the right size, with people that care. I hope that I may join your ranks as a WZ2100 Contributor, and can leave my mark in this awesome community. =D
Throb

Post by Throb »

Hello all,

I would just like to say a massive thank you to all the people involved in keeping this game going. 1st played it on the Play Station and then on pc in the late 90's. Lost my original disks. Then discovered this place. Really cannot thank you guys enough for the time and effort you have all put in to keep this game going. Got me hooked again.

If possible could anyone tell me of a 1 players vs 7pc style map for skirmish, ie you have to defend like crazy for a while before you take out others 1 by 1.
linuxer88

Post by linuxer88 »

Thank you very much !!
The best RTS I've ever played !
AycT
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AycT »

I want to say Thanks, thanks for that GIGANT work what you have done for us! :thank_you:
Canons or missles? This is the question.