Website Slow

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
Night_0wl
Greenhorn

Website Slow

Post by Night_0wl »

Main page and forums seem to be operating o.k...

However attachments on the forums and the wiki seem to be operating below 56k speeds. I can't even download the flame manual without getting network errors.

Just me or has anyone else observed this? Also, anyone have the server rights/know-how to look into it and make sure everything is working correctly? Been observing this for the last 3 or 4 days.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Website Slow

Post by NoQ »

Works for me, even on mobile.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

Overall, there doesn't seem to be any issue that can be seen in the logs about any slowdowns.
Performance stats back that up, so, seems like the problem was someplace between you and this server, which is in Germany.
Night_0wl
Greenhorn

Post by Night_0wl »

Thanks for the replies. After a few days it seemed like the issue cleared up on its own.

It was definitely on my end... (mobile, desktop, & laptop all slow) but the page loaded fine from 4G or other ISPs fine.

I ran ping and tracert commands and got pretty high pings and high packet loss. Looked it up online and it seems that sometimes the ISP/DNS takes a not so optimal route to transmit the data and can result in the said high packet loss. I'm all the way out here in Hawaii too so I'm not too surprised.

Anyways, just as I was about to contact the ISP and list them the route my requests were going when the issue cleared up on its own. Thanks again for checking though!
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

I've experienced the odd issues here and again at various hours... I'll be making closer observations and report back in due time.