Map-ratings in the addon section

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Map-ratings in the addon section

Post by montetank »

Dear Contributors/Admins, how can we solve the problem with the map-ratings? The situation as it is now is certainly not satisfactory.
For example: I have rated, just to see what happend, the 3-player map Gamma by NoQ with 1. This famous map has 1800 downloads-a vertex-conform, very difficult map. And what happend? I see that the rating falls down from 5 to 4. So-only max. 6 players had rated this map.
My question: Isn`t it possible, that guests also rate the maps after downloading?. We could make in the addon-section a difference between: "how the guests voted-how the registered users voted"
The situation now is, that we have max. 5 votes/map....most-without rating and that cannot be our intention.

PS: NoQ-No Panic-Gamma is again 5

Regards
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Map-ratings in the addon section

Post by vexed »

People are just too lazy to vote I guess. :hmm:
Allowing anonymous voting leads to vote stuffing & other abuses.

There really is no good fix, while I was thinking of setting up a 'popularity' err.. rating of sorts, based on played games, but, that also can be abused.

In short, we can't force people to vote, so... be your own judge.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Uhm, the forums could allow voting to guests if they provide their email address. Though it won't be called "anonymous voting if that is so.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

I would like it if voting was allowed for forum members instead of having to make a new account.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.