Tech tree rebuild

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
WZAPNorthi
New user

Tech tree rebuild

Post by WZAPNorthi »

Hi guys,

I don't play often but enjoy when I do. I'm no crazy gamer. I am, however, a seasoned developer. That'll be Windows then. Sorry.

The Tech Tree, both grahical and target-item-specific was a very helpful facility. I am offering help in its rebuild.

I have found the French summary tech tree and could convert this into, for instance, XML (sans XSL), plain text or any other bland format that would be useful to you. The KIS approach.

Specific byte structuring is not a problem provided that you can point me in the direction of the exact requirements and I don't have to spend 2 weeks learning before I can do anything productive.

Let me know if this would be helpful.

Cheers,

Andy.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Tech tree rebuild

Post by NoQ »

I guess you're looking for taking part in this thing:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11540
http://betaguide.wz2100.net/Research.php
crab_
Trained
Trained

Post by crab_ »

Hello.
I'm working on tech tree drawning and it is almost finished.
https://github.com/crab312/warzone2100-database

I can generate partial tech tree for each component, like this:
9QBev7tgUNM.jpg
That page currently contains just research lines. But in near future i'm planning add actual Tech Tree in Wz Guide.

WZAPNorthi wrote:Specific byte structuring is not a problem provided that you can point me in the direction of the exact requirements and I don't have to spend 2 weeks learning before I can do anything productive.
Currently research data structures is being upgraded to new json-format. When it will be finished It will become quite easy to do something with tech tree.
Warzone2100 Guide - http://betaguide.wz2100.net/
WZAPNorthi
New user

Post by WZAPNorthi »

Wow. I'm glad I started this topic as it seems that many have spent hours on this already. No point in duplicating.

The old vertical version looked like it was displayed from database - select an item and a clickable tree was drawn for that one item

The horizontal version looked like it was drawn free-hand with a CAD tool and took A-G-E-S.Well done to whoever did that.

I'll take a back seat on this for now then unless anyone wants me to type in a load of laborious entries for them. I write databases, not games so I can't imagine I'd be able to contribute much to the overall project. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Meanwhile, if anyone else has spent hours on tech trees, post your offerings here!

Cheers,

Andy.
WZAPNorthi
New user

Post by WZAPNorthi »

Ok, well it looks like this topic is sooo last week but there is more available by searching for Tech Tree or Research Tree.
Just searching for Tech Tree does not find this 'Tech tree rebuild' topic. Strange...??? Andy.
WZAPNorthi
New user

Post by WZAPNorthi »

On my own then. Learning to crab:
crab_ wrote:Currently research data structures is being upgraded to new json-format. When it will be finished It will become quite easy to do something with tech tree.
How many people like me have invented almost exactly what JSON does? Oh well, at least we're on the right track. XML is so watefull - us gloating, smug 'developed countries' assume that everyone in the world that has internet access has fast broadband. Wrong!