2.1 AI targeting is messing things up

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
armigus
Greenhorn

2.1 AI targeting is messing things up

Post by armigus »

My Alpha 1 strategy (leave the flamer base intact while rushing everything else) is proving impossible with 2.1 AI. My units, and even the scavs themselves (!) are automatically shooting down the walls, exposing the base to direct fire. In 2.0.10, units don't fire on walls unless ordered to. Then I could keep my training troops behind the base while countless legions of scav units sortied out to die. By then I had MD (mobile repair) units to keep my own troops fresh. I am also seeing some apparent auto-targeting of debris structures and wonder if shots fired at an intended target are first clearing through debris in the way.

Going back to 2.0.10 AI is not a bad Idea, but what I am seeing here gave me an AI idea:
1. At free-fire, units will shoot at anything that counts as a kill, with priority to targets that shoot back. If an neutral target such as a wall or building happens to be in the way of a live target then too bad for it. Friendly barricades will never be targeted, however.

2. At return fire, units will only shoot at armed and dangerous foes, but will fire even if not targeted. Base structures are also treated as neutral in this case and must be directly targeted to be destroyed. Sensors need to be fair game as they spot for artillery.

Is there an AI out there that does this or do I need to revert the AI to 2.0.10?
TVR
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.1 AI targeting is messing things up

Post by TVR »

Whereas 2.0 AI would fire in the direction of the target, the 2.1 AI will individually target anything in the line to the target.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

The scavs shouldn't be shooting down their own walls, though. Are you sure that's what's going on?
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

The targetting AI code has changed substiantially in trunk (snapshots). Can you see if that works better for you?