simple feature requst

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
manaze
Trained
Trained

simple feature requst

Post by manaze »

How come there is no "restart" feature for skirmash?
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Re: simple feature requst

Post by EVIL386 »

Changes to the UI are quite difficult as I understand. adding a button to restart maybe quite a problem.

I also asked for a button to "continue" a skirmish after you won (to stop the screen from rotating) but was given the said answer.
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

Well, adding new Entries to Menus isnt as hard as adding new Elements to whereever you want them, like a Button under the MiniMap or something (it's more about the Code of the Function). When the new BetaWidget-System is ready, those Problems belong to History.
I vote for both of this Suggestions.
Continue- and specially Restart-Buttons in Skirmish-Games. I would want them too. Remember them.
:ninja:
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

EVIL386 wrote:Changes to the UI are quite difficult as I understand. adding a button to restart maybe quite a problem.

I also asked for a button to "continue" a skirmish after you won (to stop the screen from rotating) but was given the said answer.
Erm, adding said text to a menu isn't THAT hard, it is just the logic that goes with it that becomes a huge PITA.
For a reset button, since we don't have a memory pool design anymore, it is far more complex to 'reset' everything back to virgin values.

For the stop rotating, that can be done rather easily, but if I recall, we don't want people to keep playing when you win, since the game gets confused, and can crash, since the ending conditions have been met. Sure, it can be changed, but people need to make patches, since this is very low priority.
and it ends here.