Mac 2.1RC1 not working

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
raueh
New user

Mac 2.1RC1 not working

Post by raueh »

Downloaded Mac 2.1RC1 UB and tried to run . . . VERY slow starting up and once a running (no longer pulsing in the dock) there is no window.

Powerbook G4 867 MHz 768 Mb RAM OS X 10.5.5.

Haven't done any testing to see if this can be resolved but has anybody had any success on the same or similar configuration?

BTW 2.0.10 runs fine in this configuration
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Mac 2.1RC1 not working

Post by stiv »

Powerbook G4 867 MHz 768 Mb RAM OS X 10.5.5.
What video chip do you have in there?
raueh
New user

Post by raueh »

ati mobile radeon 9000 on a 4x agp bus w/32mb ram
shishkebab
Trained
Trained

Post by shishkebab »

Welcome to the WZ2100 forums!

I had the exact same problem. FIrst of all, check to see that you have X11 installed. It should be in /Applicantions/Utilities. If you do not have X11 installed, then get out your Mac OS X install DVD and install ALL of the devtools. (Also come in hand if you ever decide to compile it yourself). If you have lost the DVD, then you can download them (1GB) from the apple website here: http://developer.apple.com/technology/xcode.html. (requires a free Apple Develeoper Connection Account) Now try to open Warzone. It should always take a while the first time you start it, but if it just bounces and then quits, you probably have another problem.

If the previous steps have not solved your problem, open Terminal (/Applicantions/Utilities/Terminal.app). Switch back to the FInder and go to wherever you have Warzone saved to. Right (or control) click on Warzone and select "Show Package Contents". Once you have done that, go to "Contents" then "MacOS" and drag the file "Warzone" into the Terminal window. Press return and see what happens. If you get

Code: Select all

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib
 Referenced from: Warzone.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QuesoGLC.framework/Versions/A/QuesoGLC
 Reason: image not found 
then switch back to Terminal, open a new window and type (or copy and paste)

Code: Select all

sudo ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.1.0.dylib /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib
sudo ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.3.dylib   /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
sudo ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/libexpat.0.4.dylib      /usr/X11R6/lib/libexpat.0.dylib
Once you have done that, try to open Warzone from the dock again. It should open after a while (be patient).

Hope that helped!

Shishkebab
raueh
New user

Post by raueh »

ok now it's working . . . . . it just took a LONG time to start
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

So I noticed I had a leopard install disk, but only 10.4 tiger installed, decided to give 2.1 a try over 2.0.10.

Installed leopard, reinstalled X11 from the leopard cd.

I went to run 2.1, and up comes the game, with a blank menu, no text at all.

I can click where menu items used to be (at one point I got a flag color selector to pop up, and some bars with the slider like - O +)
I think I click something that should start the game, and it crashes.

I did the drag and drop into terminal as described on this thread, and got the following:

error : [iV_initializeGLC] iV_initializeGLC: Failed to select font family Lucida Grande as regular font
error : [iV_initializeGLC] iV_initializeGLC: Failed to select font family Lucida Grande for the bold font
error : [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path /data/ again, because of No such entry in search path
error : [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path /share/warzone2100/ again, because of No such entry in search path
Floating point exception

this was after the game screen popped up, i clicked until i get a loading bar, black screen, I click when the black screen comes up, and then it crashes to desktop

Wtf is going on, what do I need to do?
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Strange, it should really be able to find it as a font. I believe Per made it possible to change the font used by Warzone by manually editing the config file. Please take a look at the associated documentation for specific instructions on how to do this.

Regards, Freddie.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

EvilGuru wrote:Strange, it should really be able to find it as a font. I believe Per made it possible to change the font used by Warzone by manually editing the config file. Please take a look at the associated documentation for specific instructions on how to do this.

Regards, Freddie.
I think that is a 2.2 feature?
and it ends here.