AI OVERLOAD

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Kharos
Rookie
Rookie

AI OVERLOAD

Post by Kharos »

Even on easy AI in the skirmish matches, I was pile-bombed by blue in my last match, on every single structure, including walls, I had. I find the AI seems to be far too powerful, and it also copies all my vehicle designs. Please fix this, as I can no longer go any further in this game without working cheats, which the mac version has NOT got.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: AI OVERLOAD

Post by Zarel »

Kharos wrote:Even on easy AI in the skirmish matches, I was pile-bombed by blue in my last match, on every single structure, including walls, I had. I find the AI seems to be far too powerful, and it also copies all my vehicle designs. Please fix this, as I can no longer go any further in this game without working cheats, which the mac version has NOT got.
Maybe it has something to do with your strategy? I mean, the base AI isn't Aivolution; it doesn't exactly bunkerspam; most good strategies will cause you to win against it.

Here's a pretty bad strategy that's good enough to beat the base AI on medium difficulty: Research all the prerequisites to HPV so you can get it: http://celerisdrive.com/wz/r/r.php?hypervelocitycannon

At the same time, research up to Gas Turbine Generator Mk3 (or the second Power Upgrade in 2.1 and below) http://celerisdrive.com/wz/r/r.php?powerupgrade3

While you're waiting, build a few light cannon bunkers to defend your base.

When you're done with that research, research as many cannon upgrades as possible, while putting HPV on your best medium body and tracks, and setting it on Long Range. Make a bunch of those tanks, then go pulverize everything.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

to strong ai? wow , well all i can say is , are u new to warzone? if so , u would learn realy fast how to beat ai , they'r piece a cake ;) trust me , be quik! (i play warzone with 2 hands , arrows for my screen =3 ) also try stealing oil from the ai's , and build heavy MG at the begin , they'r good against those weak tanks , start upgrading cannon shels , and build medium cannons , even on tanks , dont forget to research mini pod rockets , so u get lancer :3 and to practice... turn of the VTOL's they suck!
Zoloom
Trained
Trained

Post by Zoloom »

DarkCheetah wrote: turn of the VTOL's they suck!
Hum, 6 VTOLS assigned on a sensor tower for keep safe your base and the nearest strategical points while you are rushing it's not sucking.
French helper / Assistant Français (envoyez moi des messages privés si vous cherchez des réponses en français (dans la limite de mes capacités)).

Xfire : zoloom

"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free"
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

bleh , i just dnot like them X3 they'r un balaced , ai build units weak ones, the they suddenly build hundreds of planes , i just dont like to build additional AA's =P
ThunderBuns
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ThunderBuns »

The AI is far too simplistic in Warzone. Why would you want it bumped down?
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

"I don't want to build AA defenses, so therefore the AI shouldn't attack me with VTOL's!" is not a very good argument.
But I agree that the AI feel unbalanced, either you're killed off by swarms of units before you have a chance to build up defenses against such attacks or if you live through the first couple of swarms the AI proves no challenge at all, just leaving you with the tedious work of finding every single enemy unit on the map to win. I'm sure this would be far too hard to program (AI stuff usually is one of the hardest parts to make in a game, aren't they?), but it would be really interesting to have a skirmish AI that 'learns' from your games, I think that was done in a couple of older games.
something like the game recording what you do, and then having the AI mimic things you've done in various matches, looking at your priorities for constructing defenses, units and how fast you expand, so that it keeps on a level close to your own.

Of course I know that it's a lot easier to wish for this kind of stuff than to actually program them, and this is probably the first thing many people think of when they think of how they think the AI _should_ work - but that it is a very different thing to try to make it work that way.
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

I got a problem.... usualy half way through the skirmish the lag slows down my commands to vehicles.... like to build something or to move,it takes minute or more to command to take efect by that time unit is usualy dead.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

i have same problem , but that is off-topic XD