iritating sound

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

iritating sound

Post by DarkCheetah »

hello guys, this sounds weird but , the CD warzone's sound is not like bugged and all , but in this beta version (ressurections) it seems like OpenAl can't take the sound of warzone , i'v played a 4v4 (alot of times) and have detected after 10 min's the sound started to scratch , like making iritating noises , how am i able to prevent them?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: iritating sound

Post by Buginator »

Fixed.
(more or less that is...)
and it ends here.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

what u mean by that? they'r fixing it?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

DarkCheetah wrote:what u mean by that? they'r fixing it?
While I don't usually talk in the 3rd person, yes, they have a fix (more or less) for it.

What does the 'more or less' part mean? It means that on XP, the # of 'channels' was limited to 16 on most all systems, unless they had a dedicated sound card. On linux (& mac?) it was 256 available 'channels'.
With the 'fix', it now uses 256 'channels' on XP, which is also the default for vista.

However, to *really* fix it, then we need to make a real sound manager.

Hope that clears things up?
and it ends here.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

yup! , but where can i get the fix? becuase evrytime i play 2.5 BETA 5 and play for 5 mins on a 4v4 then my sound is losing quality...
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

DarkCheetah wrote:yup! , but where can i get the fix? becuase evrytime i play 2.5 BETA 5 and play for 5 mins on a 4v4 then my sound is losing quality...
The fix will be in the next (RC) 2.1, or in the nightly builds starting tonight... (if you care to test the sound.)
and it ends here.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

RC? and yes i gladly test , i am actualy a beta tester , i always play Beta 5 now :3 and found this sound bug ^^
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

Buginator wrote:
DarkCheetah wrote:yup! , but where can i get the fix? becuase evrytime i play 2.5 BETA 5 and play for 5 mins on a 4v4 then my sound is losing quality...
The fix will be in the next (RC) 2.1, or in the nightly builds starting tonight... (if you care to test the sound.)
i tested the RC client , also there is the sound bug , one thing i say its a bit less but still , scratching non-stop...