more ai's

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

more ai's

Post by DarkCheetah »

i'v installed my old warzone CD version on my pc , and played with super.ai and turtle.ai , but now my question is ,if they are also available for Beta? if so i'll be pleased , becuase i whanna make some fun with those at a better and fixed gameplay =3 u know what i mean? graphics , teams on skirmish etc... just a little request by me ^^
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: more ai's

Post by Buginator »

If you can get the OK from whoever made them, I am sure we could fix them to work with this version of the game. That is, if someone has the time to made the needed mods.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

i do like NTW mod and curent mods we have , also a big thanks to the people who made some maps for this awesome ressurection , but realy SuperAI and turtleAI are one of my favorite ai's to co-op also , i'd like to do it once with this version , evrything is balanced etc.. ye , well i gotta wait for that , i got both files but superai in WDG and turtle ai in .wzai so if u need to scources then ask :3 (this mesae also to moderators etc :D ) :3
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

DarkCheetah wrote:i do like NTW mod and curent mods we have , also a big thanks to the people who made some maps for this awesome ressurection , but realy SuperAI and turtleAI are one of my favorite ai's to co-op also , i'd like to do it once with this version , evrything is balanced etc.. ye , well i gotta wait for that , i got both files but superai in WDG and turtle ai in .wzai so if u need to scources then ask :3 (this mesae also to moderators etc :D ) :3
The problem isn't in getting the files per se, it is getting the *permission* from the original author of the scripts in question.
Without that, then we can't touch them.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

what if we make an alternative?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

DarkCheetah wrote:what if we make an alternative?
If it is based on their work you mean?
Then, I think you are in the gray area. You still need to give credit to original authors, and I *think* you still need permission, but, then again, I am no legal guru, so I have no idea on what is, and what isn't required.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

+++

i like that royal 'we'.... hehe.

ok.. "Turtle" a.i. is Troman's so he can be asked for permission. NIKER is also around to get permission for latest "Become Prey" a.i. (totally NON-cheating a.i.). other kwel a.i.s like "H2O" (Prometheus / NEWST) and "Genghis Khan" (Troman) require resource wdgs and are not so readily made to work with the WRP binary - unlike the "Turtle" & "BP" which can much more easily.

"Super" a.i. is nothing special. it's basically v.1.10 with MORE CHEATING plus it has some scripting from "H2O". anybody here can make one of those.
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

u said anybody can make thoe , but i need some tutorials making ai.s , like how superai gains his cheating spawning units , or turtle ai build a better base then the orginal ai , also the orginal ai we got now need improvements on their base outlay , they build NO defenses at there base , only use cyborgs , but are weak , ai need to build more towers , walls , etc... and yeah troman's ais are good , and genshish khan is one awesome ai!! =D who made genshish khan? and if its posible i'd request one stronger ai like the turtle one ,or spawing super ai's , becuase i want some co-op :3
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

cool , i'v just asked troman for turtle ai if we may use in the beta versions , and he said it was ok , so if anyone can transform it into .wz then i would realy apreciete that! , i gladly take a new challenge :3 or if anyone can tell me how to convert ^^;
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

I have just asnwered DarkCheetah 's pm and gave permission to use any of my AIs with any version of WRP Warzone and that I can't offer any tech support.

Since I now bumped into this topic I want to prevent any confusions that can arise. With 'my AIs' I refer to:

Turtle AI - a defensive style AI, uses tech and power cheats, walls itself in
Genghis Khan AI - offensive AI, builds heavy units and outposts, not aware of any cheats it used, but it's been a long time...
Aivolution - offensive, adaptive, cooperative, copletely non cheating (unless you use the difficulty slider in the lobby of course) blah blah blah AI.

If anyone will have any further questions please send a pm as I might not be aware of the replies.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I didn't know NIKER was still around. Can someone get permission for BecomePrey? I've heard good things about it, but I've never actually played it.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

NIKER released a new version of "BP" and PURE v.1.11 a couple months ago and you can reach him from
his web site here: http://warzone2100.wz.cz/english.htm

he also has a sweet program he coded called "VCS" for writing wz a.i. scripts. :ninja:

"BP" does not cheat, like i said.... but, also, you CANNOT force it to cheat using the sliders. you have to take it as is and it's
quite formidable to the extent you cannot beat it without at least one "BP" a.i. ally. if you really wanna test that play against it one on one on a 2 player map like "startup". one great thing about that exercise is that it will reveal where exactly wz's game play mechanics could stand development. you'll see what i mean when you go thru the experience so i'll say no more on that score.
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

whippersnapper wrote:..

NIKER released a new version of "BP" and PURE v.1.11 a couple months ago and you can reach him from
his web site here: http://warzone2100.wz.cz/english.htm
It says the last revision was in Mar 2005...
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

It says the last revision was in Mar 2005...
i was directly engaged with NIKER when he was doing the re-write, when he finished and i also got a copy of it immediately before it went public cause i extensively tested it.

it is version BP292-110 from release on August 13, 2008 HERE

whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

oh yea.. forgot to mention couple other kwel-fun ski a.i.s... one is readily integrated here and you already have the right to use
aka, permission - Pumpkin's very own v.1.04 a.i. IMO, superior to Pumpkin's v.1.10 in the sense that it is a far greater challenge to defeat. there is also speedy's a.i.boost (speedy is also around) but out of all the a.i.s this would require the most work to make compatible here - but it's one heck of a piece of original work too. the main reason all these a.i.s evolved was to create different personalities that could be run in conjunction providing in one skirmish game the feeling you were playing against peeps with a variety of differing tactics.