BETA.5 - Feedback

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Re: BETA.5 - Feedback

Post by zydonk »

zarel: I usually arm vtols with incendaries and use them to defend my base - they're very effective against moving columns, miss one droid and the next one gets it. I take your point about how to use them against bases, but unless the AA is relatively light, I still find their effectiveness against structure fairly limited, esp if their material is upgraded. (They also need a lot of attention.)

For the record, I'm about to upload the new map - squared. It'll give a good end-game experience (even in 2.1 betas). See what you think.

adios
belsby
Greenhorn

Post by belsby »

I have tried 2.1 beta 5, the New Team War (NTW) mod by Delphino, and its very good. But i have probleme, that the game take so much hardware resorce that the game start to go realy slowly and sticky. Something i can do? Or is this just something that will be worked out in the next Ver.
Rider
Trained
Trained

Post by Rider »

Love the new release! Having a blast playing this with a friend of mine over LAN against increasing numbers of computer opponents :D

I did notice that there are still quite a few desync problems here and there. The game seems highly susceptible to problems related to loss. There have been several times where units would 'pop up' at places because the other player sent them there, and they never got updated on the other machine.

Also, I noticed that, especially constructors, take a LONG time before they actually move anywhere that requires pathfinding, even 2-4 cells away with a minor obstruction! This gets a little tedious, especially late-game where the waiting times seem to be a lot longer then early game.

Other then that, awesome work once again! :D