"dead" tiles on sk-sandcastles-t1

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
fisk0
Trained
Trained

"dead" tiles on sk-sandcastles-t1

Post by fisk0 »

I played a skirmish match in the 2.1 nightly build r5880 (windows XP) on sk-sandcastles-t1, playing as the player at the bottom left, and noticed that there is at least one non-buildable tile near the rightmost exit off the main base "platform".
I tried to take a screenshot, but it seems it never got saved, but the tile is just below one of the slopes and has got a slightly different texture than the other tiles around it. You can't move any units to the tile nor build anything on it, since it seems the slopes on this map have been marked as non-buildable or something like that, I guess someone made a mistake and made a tile too much non-buildable.

I also encountered a bug on the map where a VTOL got stuck at the edge of the map, and was just hanging there for a few minutes, close to the enemy target it was sent out to destroy, while enemy anti-aircraft guns where firing on it, my artillery destroyed the target after some time, and the vtol came loose and flew home again.

Edit: Oops, I intended to post this in the 2.1 feedback forum, but it ended up here instead.
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: "dead" tiles on sk-sandcastles-t1

Post by Buginator »

Ok, moved it.

As for the issue, looks like a map bug for the tile.

For the VTOL... never seen that before I don't think. How close was the target to the map boundaries?
kipman725
Trained
Trained

Post by kipman725 »

The VTOL one is quite common if a base is built on the map boundaries. As theVTOL circles the target to attack it flies out of the map and gets stuck If I send 40 VTOLs against such a target typically 5 get stuck.
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

Buginator wrote:Ok, moved it.

As for the issue, looks like a map bug for the tile.

For the VTOL... never seen that before I don't think. How close was the target to the map boundaries?
the target was a bunker 4 tiles away from the darker area of the map, looks like it was 7 tiles away from the real map edge.
I found a screenshot of it in the clipboard memory.
Attachments
stuck VTOL screenshot
stuck VTOL screenshot
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit