My current 2.1b4 problems.

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

My current 2.1b4 problems.

Post by DFStormbringer »

Other then the emerging and already noted no sound for the Xi-Fi Extreme Audio card..

im currently encountering an overly complicated problem with the name registration in game..
clicked "player 1" to delete it and put in my own name.. and experenced some in game choppiness.
it then registered "Pla" as a name....
worked to delete that.. and at typing in "Dra" it lagged and registered again...
managed to finally get in the full name of "DragonFyre" and under the clickable name list its ALL listed...

the kicker is that no matter now WHAT i put in the name slot.. or which name i click from the list that pops up.. it keeps that name untill i click on ANYTHING else.. and then it on its own.. changes the player name back to "Dra"

ive currently done about 10 uninstalls and reinstalls trying to remedy the problem.. including total deletions of the folders on the C drive AND in the my docs area which SHOULD contain the player names and stats information..
even deleting the '--window" shortcut from the startmenu..
even went as far as to do a drive search for anything "*warzone*.*" and"*.wz" related and delete 4 "prefind" files in a temp folder in windows...
yet a reinstall still has the list of names.. with it hellbent on sticking wiht "Dra"

on another note...
the Grims Graphics mod for beta 4 for me.. crashes on the start of the actuall game itself.. and gives a dump log.. as soon as i find it ill post it
but the ai and regular modes seem to work and grims mod works fine in the stable release.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: My current 2.1b4 problems.

Post by Buginator »

I guess this is a beta 4 issue, since I can't replicate this in trunk or 2.1 branch.

As for the mod issue, well, need to see the debug output. :)
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

well none of it happens in the stable build so yea.. its a beta 4 issue :P

as for the dump.. found it finally.. evil hiden temp folders.

tried to upload the file as attatchment but its says the files extension is not alowed.. trying as a rar
Attachments
warzone2100.rar
Wz2100 dump file
(8.24 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

You got the stderr.txt/stdout.txt you can upload also? These would be in your directory that has the warzone2100.exe file in it.
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

STDerr
error : [PrintOpenALVersion] OpenAL Vendor: (null)
error : [PrintOpenALVersion] OpenAL Version: (null)
error : [PrintOpenALVersion] OpenAL Renderer: (null)
error : [PrintOpenALVersion] OpenAL Extensions: (null)
error : [sound_InitLibrary] Couldn't open audio device.
error : [sound_Init] Cannot init sound library

STDout is blank