VC2005 and svn trunk

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
soraoseka
Greenhorn

VC2005 and svn trunk

Post by soraoseka »

Hello,
I tried to open the project in VC2005 through your vcproj file from te win32 folder and it makes errors about missing files in devpkg folder. However, the devpkg folder does not exists at all. Here are the firsts errors before it gives up loading :

The following error has occurred during XML parsing:

File: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\wzsvn\win32\Warzone2100.vcproj
Line: 18
Column: 4
Error Message:
Custom build rules file 'c:\Users\Admin\Desktop\wzsvn\devpkg\FlexBison.rules' was not found or failed to load.
The file 'C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\wzsvn\win32\Warzone2100.vcproj' has failed to load.

ile: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\wzsvn\lib\script\script.vcproj
Line: 19
Error Message:
Custom build rules file 'c:\Users\Admin\Desktop\wzsvn\devpkg\FlexBison.rules' was not found or failed to load.
The file 'C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\wzsvn\lib\script\script.vcproj' has failed to load.

File: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\wzsvn\lib\gamelib\gamelib.vcproj
Line: 19
Error Message:
The file 'C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\wzsvn\lib\gamelib\gamelib.vcproj' has failed to load.

File: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\wzsvn\lib\framework\framework.vcproj
Line: 18
Error Message:
The file 'C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\wzsvn\lib\framework\framework.vcproj' has failed to load.

I would like to try reading the code for debugging and test purpose. If there is a way to make it work, i d be glad to be helpful.
Thanks.
Purple Monkey
Rookie
Rookie

Re: VC2005 and svn trunk

Post by Purple Monkey »

Have your tried following the Complile Guide on the wiki? Sounds like you haven't downloaded the dev package.
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Post by EVIL386 »

We can't get the devpkg because:

Code: Select all

The requested URL /warzone/development/devpkg/2.1/msvc80/ was not found on this server.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

EVIL386 wrote:We can't get the devpkg because:

Code: Select all

The requested URL /warzone/development/devpkg/2.1/msvc80/ was not found on this server.
D'oh!
Now, where did that go to ?

Oh, even with the devpkg, you still need to download all the headers for all the libs we use. I just never got around to creating a full devpkg. Need more hours in a day! :stressed:
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

You could also try to use the MinGW compiler, a dev package is provided for that one. And the compilation procedure can be found in the Windows compile guide for MinGW.

This is the compiler I use for windows development (and is supported the best).
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Post by EVIL386 »

I already do :3 relatively fast too... Shame it's not multithreaded.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

EVIL386 wrote:I already do :3 relatively fast too... Shame it's not multithreaded.
If MinGW uses make (the command) try: make -j3 or make -j5. The rule of thumb is total number of cores +1, so if you have a dual core use make -j3 and make -j5 for a quad core.

Regards, Freddie.