a little problem

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

a little problem

Post by madfalcon81 »

i posted someplace lese but still no solution....my WZ doestn start...i have original WZ2100 from torrent (those who worked ;) ), patch 1.10, then every betas: 2.1beta 1,2 and 4....and it simply doesnt start..no error mesage nothing,....when i start the game with original .EXE, the game works...i installed the font into windows directory..and still nothing....any ideas ???
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: a little problem

Post by Buginator »

madfalcon81 wrote:i posted someplace lese but still no solution....my WZ doestn start...i have original WZ2100 from torrent (those who worked ;) ), patch 1.10, then every betas: 2.1beta 1,2 and 4....and it simply doesnt start..no error mesage nothing,....when i start the game with original .EXE, the game works...i installed the font into windows directory..and still nothing....any ideas ???
Please keep all your posts in the same place, since we have to ask each and every time the same information. :stare:

Once again, 1.x and 2.0.x and 2.1.x should all be installed in *DIFFERENT* directories.
What kind of machine you got? What OS? What video card?

For beta 2.1, run the game with switch of --debug all on the command line, or add that to the END of the shortcut.
Then post stdout.txt & stderr.txt which are located in the same directory as you installed 2.1 warzone2100.exe into.
And by end, I mean if shortcut is : "c:\what path you picked\warzone2100.exe" change it to "c:\what path you picked\warzone2100.exe" --debug all
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

well to be honest i didnt know/forgot that they must be place in different dirrectorie...i assume is ok to make 2 folders in WZ 2100 main direcgtory and place them in t here.....OK, so...when i run the 2.0.10 it says (on stderr) error: Error: SDL_SetVideoMode failed (No video mode large enough for 1152x864). and when i run the beta 4 it says: error : [screenInitialise] Error: Video mode 1360x762@32bpp is not supported!.....so: my OS is WIN XP, SP2, video card : nvidia 6600 GS...i assume is a problem with game resolution, isnt it ?...my native screen resolution is 1360x762 on 32 bpp
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

i changed the command line into this: "D:\Joace\WZ 2100\2.1.x\warzone2100.exe" --debug all --resolution 1024x768...and it seems to work..that was the problem....;))...anyway..the game doesnt work in 1360*768 resolution ????
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

hehe..ok...so i enter the game and switch the resolution from there to 1360x768...and it seems to work fine...one minor feedback: when the game loads, the image flickers (i hope this is the correct english word)..thats not such a bad thing (the load takes 2-3 seconds - after that everything is ok)....ok..why the campaign video seqences dont work...i have the subtitles on themn( that is: Team alpha nears its destination...etc)....but no video and no audio briefing (i manually copied the sequences from cd to main directory\sequences)!?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

madfalcon81 wrote:i changed the command line into this: "D:\Joace\WZ 2100\2.1.x\warzone2100.exe" --debug all --resolution 1024x768...and it seems to work..that was the problem....;))...anyway..the game doesnt work in 1360*768 resolution ????
You can remove the --debug all now, since that will really slow down the game. It makes some huge log files!

The game *does* work in any resolution that your video card supports.
I think your nvidia 6600 GS either don't have enough memory, or the video drivers need upgrading.

For the videos, the ones from the original game do not work as is.
They need to be converted to ogg/theora format, and then a FMV patch needs to be installed.
2.1 beta 4 doesn't have the patch yet to play the vids.

2.2 should have it though.
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

ok..i told you from the game setting it works....i dont know why..and my video card has 256 MB of memory...not so old video card ;)...but 10x buddy...if it wasnt for your advices i didnt know how to "get the show on the road"...good luck...admins may erase this topic ;)
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

1. game is skirmish game
2. if u go to see what u have researced and u click on what u have researched...i mean on everv research, but u do it fast, the game will crash....
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

madfalcon81 wrote:1. game is skirmish game
2. if u go to see what u have researced and u click on what u have researched...i mean on everv research, but u do it fast, the game will crash....
You mean that in the intel screen, when you click the icon for the thing you researched, it crashes?
If you get crashes then please post/attach the stderr.txt & stdout.txt files in your warzone directory.
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

i saw somebody posted a new thread with that: exactly, when u go to the intel and u click "like crazy" on those "research completed" slots....u can try it to..it crashes every time./..
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

madfalcon81 wrote:i saw somebody posted a new thread with that: exactly, when u go to the intel and u click "like crazy" on those "research completed" slots....u can try it to..it crashes every time./..
Ok, fixed the intel bug.

Thanks.
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

how do i see the movies...i downloaded the ogg..copyied the sequence folder in main warzone directory and nothing....i copyed (to be sure) the seqyence_ogg folder too..and still nothing...how i solve this ??
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

madfalcon81 wrote:how do i see the movies...i downloaded the ogg..copyied the sequence folder in main warzone directory and nothing....i copyed (to be sure) the seqyence_ogg folder too..and still nothing...how i solve this ??
Hmm? Who said anything about watching the movies in game? There is no code yet in the repository.
There is a patch @ GNA patch tracker, with some work, will allow you to see them, but it has some issues.
Phoenix666
Trained
Trained

Post by Phoenix666 »

i have problem with nick!
in game it have only 3 letters

only onetime i have big nick(>3)
how i can fix this?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Phoenix666 wrote:i have problem with nick!
in game it have only 3 letters

only onetime i have big nick(>3)
how i can fix this?
You have to wait for the next beta.