BUG: Screen rotates after skirmish complete.

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

BUG: Screen rotates after skirmish complete.

Post by EVIL386 »

Hi guys, i'm using WZ 2.1 Beta 4. When you complete a skirmish, and select continue game, The Fireworks and screen rotation continue lol. You can control your units though :)

Any more details let me know :)
MetalBeast
Trained
Trained

Re: BUG: Screen rotates after skirmish complete.

Post by MetalBeast »

This is not a bug, if the fireworks apeared, you have already won and there are no opponets to fight.
So what do you want to do than ?
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

It would be cool if there was a button or something to stop the rotating. Sometimes, I want to take some screenshots, or have a look at my allies bases (when we play in LAN), and this rotating screen is really annoying. Maybe spacebar could be a good button for this, because it's also used to toggle the chase camera by default... Does anyone agree?
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

I do.
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Post by EVIL386 »

Ok so maybe it's not a bug but sometimes I like to just play a little bit more and declare war on my AI Allies lol and watch my defenses massacre thier units. xD
Sorry :P
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

EVIL386 wrote:Ok so maybe it's not a bug but sometimes I like to just play a little bit more and declare war on my AI Allies lol and watch my defenses massacre thier units. xD
Yeah, not a bug, that is by design.

Let me get this straight, you want to wage war on your allies, just because your team won?

/me hardcodes 'EVIL386' into the game, so that when the AI sees your name, they will have no mercy on your traitorous hide! :twisted: :D
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Post by EVIL386 »

:gonk: for god sakes don't hardcode Aivolution to maximum! In the words of Achmed the dead terrorist, "but he will kill us!"
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

EVIL386 wrote:Ok so maybe it's not a bug but sometimes I like to just play a little bit more and declare war on my AI Allies lol and watch my defenses massacre thier units. xD
Exactly! I always crushed my allies after the match, so now they insist on playing with fixed alliances :twisted:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Buginator wrote:Yeah, not a bug, that is by design.

Let me get this straight, you want to wage war on your allies, just because your team won?

/me hardcodes 'EVIL386' into the game, so that when the AI sees your name, they will have no mercy on your traitorous hide! :twisted: :D
As others have mentioned, there are other reasons for wanting to stop the screen rotation after a victory, such as screenshotting or wanting to take a closer look at things you didn't have time to look at during the game. I propose that the "close" button in the bottom left turns into a button that stops the rotation.
DaveTheGamer
New user

Post by DaveTheGamer »

I would also like to see a button that stops screen rotation.

After playing a game for a few hours with a buddy and destroying the computer,
we wanted to fight each other. We spent the next half-hour battling with
dizzying rotation effects. We didn't feel like sitting around for another couple
of hours re-researching everything and building a big army again. We had what we
wanted, right there. It was pretty fun, but a bit hard to navigate the map.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am not against having a on/off key combo for the rotation, but, if people want to keep playing, that IS a issue. (On 2nd thought, we have lots of key combos already, perhaps a cheat code to turn it off? Or maybe just disable it when person hits ESC or... Hmmm :stare: )

Once the win condition has been satisfied, it can't happen again, without modifications to the source.
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

Pressing Escape brings up a menu. Why not add a "Continue without camera rotation" to that menu? (I know, I know.. GUI :X)