AI takes over players and crashes on >6player game lobby

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
kipman725
Trained
Trained

AI takes over players and crashes on >6player game lobby

Post by kipman725 »

Hello we are playing wz quite alot and have encountered crashes on the joining of the 7th player into an 8 player map and also the AI playing for human players. This manifests itself as the players factories producing units, the players units following orders for only a short time before the computer goes on its own campain with them and buildings/reserch done without player interaction.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: AI takes over players and crashes on >6player game lobby

Post by Buginator »

kipman725 wrote:Hello we are playing wz quite alot and have encountered crashes on the joining of the 7th player into an 8 player map and also the AI playing for human players. This manifests itself as the players factories producing units, the players units following orders for only a short time before the computer goes on its own campain with them and buildings/reserch done without player interaction.
This is with beta 4, or trunk?

We don't have enough people to test for the 7th player joining. There are only 2-3 active devs at any one time that can get together. :(
I have seen the AI take over human players, but I am not sure what causes that yet. Can you replicate this always? If so, can you specify what maps, and settings you are using?
Pitman360
Greenhorn

Post by Pitman360 »

Buginator; this is with Beta 4, as far as I know it happens on all the 8 player maps. As for the computer taking over it tends to happen when someone leaves the game.

oh... and if i remember it dumps a file... i could see if i could find this file if you'd like to have a look.
eclipz3
Greenhorn

Post by eclipz3 »

the reason why i think it does this is because the game crashed. Happened to me today and everytime it's beacause there was no more connection to the other players. btw im just using the beta2 regular
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Pitman360 wrote:Buginator; this is with Beta 4, as far as I know it happens on all the 8 player maps. As for the computer taking over it tends to happen when someone leaves the game.

oh... and if i remember it dumps a file... i could see if i could find this file if you'd like to have a look.
When a player leaves the game, the AI is supposed to take over their spot.

However, sometimes, it takes over a human player spot (still in the game), and that is what I am trying to track.
eclipz3 wrote:the reason why i think it does this is because the game crashed. Happened to me today and everytime it's beacause there was no more connection to the other players. btw im just using the beta2 regular
If it crashes the client, then that player drops out, and the AI does take over. I am talking about something different.

Oh, and everything before beta 4 won't really help in the diagnoses, since lots have changed between them.
kipman725
Trained
Trained

Post by kipman725 »

hello yes if you want to play a map that has this problem with ai take overs:
the great rift T1
4 human players
no alliances
black fog
high power
no bases

as far as I can tell on this map AI NEVER takes over the quiting player.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

kipman725 wrote:hello yes if you want to play a map that has this problem with ai take overs:
the great rift T1
4 human players
no alliances
black fog
high power
no bases

as far as I can tell on this map AI NEVER takes over the quiting player.
So on this 4p map, with all human players, the AI is taking over their units, and they haven't quit the game?
kipman725
Trained
Trained

Post by kipman725 »

no one of the players leaves due to been destroyed and then the AI takes me over (the host). This always happens on this map.