Several bugs in Beta 4

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Several bugs in Beta 4

Post by BlueMaxima »

I found a few bugs in Beta 4 first time I played it.

First, in the new Language select option, Norsk is the option for English (instead of English). When you exit the game on Norsk, it comes up with Norsk as a language. The only workaround for this I found was to use 'System locale' as the language option.

Second, sometimes, in one-player skirmishes and multiplayer, my name would be limited to three characters. Couldn't find a workaround.

Third, when playing a single-player skirmish game with AiVolution enabled, only one bot had AIV enabled.

But, all the bugs I found in 2.1b3 were fixed, good job.
Bring back...ducks!
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Several bugs in Beta 4

Post by Buginator »

Is this on linux?

For the AI bots, unless the script ran to make all of them, then that was the issue.

For your name, do you mean you tried to enter a new one, and it only showed 3 characters, or was it the same name you always use, and it only showed 3 characters?
Tiberian
Trained
Trained

Post by Tiberian »

BlueMaxima wrote: Second, sometimes, in one-player skirmishes and multiplayer, my name would be limited to three characters. Couldn't find a workaround.
yes, i have had this before, your usual name will sometimes be cut off leaving only the first 3 letters of it

for the AIvolution: you can extract player0.slo and .vlo, copy paste them, and rename them player1 - player7 (.slo/.vlo) and then stick them in AIvolution.wz
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

You should add the bugs in the bug tracker, or else we'll forget about them. See https://gna.org/bugs/?group=warzone