Co-operative poll

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)

How should co-operative mode be implemented?

Always have co-op enabled in team mode (no power shared)
10%
Make it a menu option to turn on/off
36%
New full co-op mode, share everything including power
46%
Co-op is not fun
3%
Other (please add a comment)
5%

Total votes: 106

Buginator
Professional
Professional

Co-operative poll

Post by Buginator »

Ok guys, what should be done if we have a co-operative mode?
Last edited by Buginator on 12 Apr 2008, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
and it ends here.
The Commander
Trained
Trained

Re: Co-operative poll

Post by The Commander »

I say other because is this AI co-op or just multiplayer with human co-op? And that it should be a new menu option including everything or able to select what you want maybe.
Stargate Mod
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

I vote for a full co-op mode.

So two or more players all control the same units etc.

Regards, Freddie.
The Commander
Trained
Trained

Post by The Commander »

EvilGuru wrote: I vote for a full co-op mode.

So two or more players all control the same units etc.

Regards, Freddie.
That sounds like it would really create a lot of problems to me.
Stargate Mod
qwerty800
Trained
Trained

Post by qwerty800 »

I think we should share everything but if some one ally you to get your technologies then unally, he would lose everything he don't researched.
Also, we should be able to share uncompleted research.
For exemple:
  • Player A and player B(allies) are searching for the twin assault machinegun
  • Player A activated a direct link option with the B's research centers
  • So, the research time would be reduced because two teams are sharing their data about the same thing
P.S.: I just read your cooperative repair topic...
That's nice ;D
Last edited by qwerty800 on 12 Apr 2008, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
~~If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything don't do it.~~
[url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ks-N4rI_1RU&feature=related]
This Guy for PRESID
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

That sounds like it would really create a lot of problems to me.
Age of Empires (one and two) both had such a feature, as did Rise of Nations. So long as there was not a failure to communicate, it always worked a treat.
qwerty800 wrote: I think we should share everything but if some one ally you to get your technologies then unally, he would lose everything he don't researched.
Not really possible. As if you research Foo MkI anf then I research Foo MkII and break my alliance with you, what should we do?

Regards, Freddie.
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

I say make it a multiplayer game setup option (for fixed teams only?) where people can toggle the various options (share tech, share power, share unit control, etc.) on and off as they please.

I was hoping this'd be a thread about a co-op campaign though. :(
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

There shouldn't be any problem, because if you play co-op you are not gonna put alliance breakings on, otherwise that would totally be a mess, if not impossible, if you share the control of a player in co-op.

Warcraft III had an option to share units between ally players too.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Arcalane wrote: I say make it a multiplayer game setup option (for fixed teams only?) where people can toggle the various options (share tech, share power, share unit control, etc.) on and off as they please.

I was hoping this'd be a thread about a co-op campaign though. :(
That would make it way too easy IMO, and besides, you would need allot more logic changes for co-op campaign mode.  You can't have 2 HQs, so how would you work out all those issues?
and it ends here.
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

this will be good with direct control anyway.
think about it, one person as strategic commander, others playing as if it where a first/third person shooter.

as for the sharing, how about a tribute system?
that way, if needed, you can share if you wish, but without the other person bleeding you dry.

i dont know how it could be done without new campaign maps though.
most are too small, have too few resources, and wont easily lend to co-op.

besides that, the ai wont stand a remote chance...
Last edited by psychopompos on 06 May 2008, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
MOTHERBOARD - MSI P7N PLATINUM¦-¦PROCESSOR - C2D E7300 @ 4.00GHZ
MEMORY - 4 Gig (2x2gig) ddr2 1066mhz¦-¦OPERATING SYSTEM - WINDOWS 7 (ULT)
GRAPHICS - BFG GTX 260 OCX (requires ForceWare drivers for good openGL)
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

psychopompos wrote: this will be good with direct control anyway.
think about it, one person as strategic commander, others playing as if it where a first/third person shooter.
That'd be pretty cool with WASD/arrow driving and mouse-tracking turrets. Third "person" (more like vehicle chase cam) is probably a better idea. Be fun if you could do more complex VTOL maneuvers as well! But how would you handle units? You would also need some way of showing artillery unit drivers how to calculate their target, and some way of ensuring that your players don't go off on lunatic killing sprees wasting resources.

That said, some kind of manual control over a single vehicle could easily allow someone to significantly swing the odds of a single battle in their favour, given that a moving target can be harder to hit.
psychopompos wrote:as for the sharing, how about a tribute system?
that way, if needed, you can share if you wish, but without the other person bleeding you dry.
You can already gift power or units, but you can't transfer specific certain amounts. If you have more than x, it gives y, in a kind of tiers scheme I think.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

That'd be pretty cool with WASD/arrow driving and mouse-tracking turrets. Third "person" (more like vehicle chase cam) is probably a better idea.
This feature is already being implemented by developers and it is likely to be released in warzone 2200 (which is developed by a different team). It comes from the psx version of the game. If you are interested, we discussed about this feature here:

?topic=950.0
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

doom3r wrote: This feature is already being implemented by developers and it is likely to be released in warzone 2200 (which is developed by a different team). It comes from the psx version of the game. If you are interested, we discussed about this feature here:

?topic=950.0
One of these days, I will get back into fixing the version in the current codebase.  I just moved on to something else, since I got a bit bored with it.
and it ends here.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

ill go for other, since, even when i do like the idea to have teammates repairing bases, also have my units being repaired at teammates outpost, the money sharing option is not too great, there is already a give money to player button for that matters, same goes for units, as i dont want some else to control my units... what if i can see comming the doom of my teammate, and i dont want to help him.. jejeje.

Now it would be interesting to have a cooperative move where 1 base is controled by 2 players, where both use the same player. So i can be building the wall on one side and my buddy on the other side... that would be cool.
Lartza
Greenhorn

Post by Lartza »

First we need an AI that is good...