Campaign crash?

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
ChronoSphere
Rookie
Rookie

Campaign crash?

Post by ChronoSphere »

Transport Mission: Synaptic Link Location
After loading the transport and flying away the game crashes <.<

I attached the stderr.txt, the dump and my save file.

Would it be possible to rename mission names to have a prefix with the mission number? E.g. Mission x (Transport Mission): Synaptic Link Location.
Attachments
2.1beta2_CP_crash.rar
(166.16 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Verminus
Trained
Trained

Re: Campaign crash?

Post by Verminus »

Loaded your save, loaded and set off in the transport and got your crash:

error  : VLO parse error: Template Cyborg Flamer not found at line 197, token: -2, text: 'Cyb-Flamer-GROUND'
error  : Script cam1-5.vlo did not compile
error  : resLoadFile: The load function for resource type "SCRIPTVAL" failed for file "cam1-5.vlo"

Loaded one of my old saves (attached) from the start of the same mission, loaded up and set off... No Crash...

Looks like your game may have got corrupted somehow... try replaying from the start of previous mission and see if that helps.
Attachments
Alpha 08 End.tar.gz
(233.19 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
ChronoSphere
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ChronoSphere »

Replicated it again. could that be because i used the "get off my land" cheat in mission 7? :P
Looks like I will have to try harder on that one... will edit if i manage to win =/
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

ChronoSphere wrote: Replicated it again. could that be because i used the "get off my land" cheat in mission 7? :P
Looks like I will have to try harder on that one... will edit if i manage to win =/
Did you load a save game or started from the beginning when you got this error?
?topic=1617.0
ChronoSphere
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ChronoSphere »

I loaded 2 earlier saves. I'm still trying to pass the mission to check if it's the savegame or the usage of cheats that breaks my game. (Give me some time, I'm not really a RTS player ^^;)

edit: managed to pass it, thanks to Verminus. Doesn't solve the crash problem though =/
If it means my previous savegames were corrupted... why didn't it crash earlier T_T
Looks like I will have to start from scratch again.
Last edited by ChronoSphere on 09 Apr 2008, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

ChronoSphere wrote: I loaded 2 earlier saves. I'm still trying to pass the mission to check if it's the savegame or the usage of cheats that breaks my game. (Give me some time, I'm not really a RTS player ^^;)

edit: managed to pass it, thanks to Verminus. Doesn't solve the crash problem though =/
If it means my previous savegames were corrupted... why didn't it crash earlier T_T
I would delete all your saved games, and start over.

Be *VERY* careful with some of these cheats, they can & will corrupt stuff in ways it is very hard to detect.
Perhaps the devs should disable the ability to save games to prevent this kind of stuff when you cheat.
and it ends here.
Verminus
Trained
Trained

Post by Verminus »

Buginator wrote: I would delete all your saved games, and start over.

Be *VERY* careful with some of these cheats, they can & will corrupt stuff in ways it is very hard to detect.
Perhaps the devs should disable the ability to save games to prevent this kind of stuff when you cheat.
Don't know if disabling saving is necessary, or the way to go... I agree that some of the cheats are highly unstable and need kid gloves when handling them, and ones like 'get of my land' or 'let me win' can break heavily scripted missions, or later missions. 'time toggle' can cause problems if  not used carefully, and 'give all' just turns your GUI in to a minefield. Most of the rest are ok I think.

Maybe they should be split into two classes, "cheats" that work and are mostly safe, and "Debug Commands" that either don't work properly, or cause major problems, these then can be enabled ONLY in debug builds, and a BIG warning can be put in the wiki, (rather than the current "** can cause game-play instability")
ChronoSphere wrote: I loaded 2 earlier saves. I'm still trying to pass the mission to check if it's the savegame or the usage of cheats that breaks my game. (Give me some time, I'm not really a RTS player ^^;)

I think the reason it didn't crash earlier is because, at some point the unit template for the cyborg flamer got deleted/corrupted, but you dont face cyborgs at all until that mission, so it was never used/checked until you go on the transport for that mission.

If you don't feel like playing the whole campaign again you could try my old save I attached in my first reply, it has no problems I'm aware of....
ChronoSphere
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ChronoSphere »

Yeah I deleted everything (including warzone) and strated from scratch.
What I don't understand is, I wasn't using any cheats before that mission, but the savegame before that mission somehow became corrupted? Are there any known actions that lead to this?
Verminus
Trained
Trained

Post by Verminus »

Not that I know of, unless one of the devs know of any issues.
Its not like the cyborg units are even modified by anything in the game, except maybe the 'biffer baker' and 'double up' cheats, but i don't see how they could cause the template to go missing... have the wrong armor and damage stats maybe..

Could just have been a data error when writing the save to disk or installing the game, but i would have expected that to cause CRC errors and unreadable files, not for one unit template to go missing.

I know its a bit late now as you've re-installed, but i don't suppose you got, or tried to see if the same thing happened if you built cyborg flamers in skirmish?
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

It is a problem with cyborg templates, not a cheat problem. There was a bug which made WZ use templates it was not supposed to use. This problem only appears with older save games.
?topic=1617.0
ChronoSphere
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ChronoSphere »

Well, I re-played everything till that mission and it works. Don't know about older savegames, I was using the same WZ version (warzone2100-2.1_beta2-r1.exe) from the beginning & didn't update it since then.
glf
New user

Alpha 9 crash when transport takes off

Post by glf »

Hi! My first post on the forum...I need your help!
- warzone 2.1 beta 4 on Vista 32 bit
- mission alpha9 beginning: I load the transport, then I launch it, it takes off and then the game crash and return to windows. :(

Below stderr.txt

error : [scrv_error] VLO parse error: Template Cyborg Flamer not found at line 197, text: 'Cyb-Flamer-GROUND'
error : [dataScriptLoadVals] Script cam1-5.vlo did not compile
error : [resLoadFile] resLoadFile: The load function for resource type "SCRIPTVAL" failed for file "cam1-5.vlo"
error : [resLoad] resLoad: failed to parse wrf/cam1/sub1-5.wrf
error : [startGameLoop] Shutting down after failure

Thank you very much! :)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Alpha 9 crash when transport takes off

Post by Buginator »

Do you got a savegame right before this that you can upload?

Need the savegamename.* (.es, .gam) and the savegamename folder, with all files in it.
These are all located in your configuration directory. If you can't find it, just do a search for savegamename.gam, and you should be able to located the files.
glf
New user

Re: Alpha 9 crash when transport takes off

Post by glf »

Ok, I got them. Two savegame in the zip file:

1. 9 inizio = alpha 9 starting
2. 9 ok2 = a little time later, ready to take off

Thank you very much for your help and your time!
Attachments
WZ_savegame.zip
Warzone alpha 9 savegames
(349.85 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

I merged these topics together, since they are the same issue.

glf, did you use any cheats or debug options, or use old (pre beta 4) savegames in any mission before this?
Troman wrote:It is a problem with cyborg templates, not a cheat problem. There was a bug which made WZ use templates it was not supposed to use. This problem only appears with older save games.
Hmm... I dunno, since glf's savegame also has this problem, yet Verminus's savegame, don't have the problem.

Something is corrupting the savegames, I just don't know what. :stressed: