wz2100 2.1beta2 utterly crashes when run inside parallels desktop

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
bernstein
New user

wz2100 2.1beta2 utterly crashes when run inside parallels desktop

Post by bernstein »

i have been running warzone 2.0.x inside parallels vm (i know there is a native osx build) for almost a year and was hoping that 2.1 beta2 would run as well. however this is not the case. 2.1 beta crashes the entire vm while showing the initial loading screen (prior to the menu) each time.
i am running warzone on windows xp (sp2 and all updates no other apps/games installed, separate vm for wz2100 2.0.x and 2.1beta2) inside parallels build 5584 on osx 10.5.2. my hardware is a macbookpro (core2duo,4gb ram,geforce8600gt 128mb).

i know this i certainly not a setup you want to support but it is so much more convenient to run stuff in isolated vms... i don't know whats causing the rather harsh crash (this is the only game i that didn't run, infact it instantly terminated the entire vm!!!). maybe the new version does use some new openGL features (all openGL games i know play very well in parallels) where there any significant changes on how the menu screen is rendered? (i tried with textureSize=64 to no avail, as this probably only affects the gfx while gaming...). parallels supports openGL 1.5.

keep up the exceptional work !!

if i can do anything to help debug this issue. i will happily do so. does anyone know which tools are used to debug this kind of error? (i've only done small command line apps in c++, yet)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: wz2100 2.1beta2 utterly crashes when run inside parallels desktop

Post by Buginator »

I am pretty sure it use < opengl 1.5.

File a bug report with the maker of the vm, they need too fix it it seems.
and it ends here.
bernstein
New user

Post by bernstein »

ok i've just done that
however i don't think they will look at it.... wz isn't as popular as starcraft or c&c3 - yet :-)
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

bernstein wrote: ok i've just done that
however i don't think they will look at it.... wz isn't as popular as starcraft or c&c3 - yet :-)
They do, however, have the source code. This means that it is easier to debug on their part.

Regards, Freddie.