New units in the campaign are extremely expensive.

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Arathorn
Greenhorn

New units in the campaign are extremely expensive.

Post by Arathorn »

Hi there I have a little problem with the campaign in beta 2. It seems like all units except the standard Machine Gun Viper Wheels and Mobile Repair Turret Viper Wheels are extremely expensive. New units cost about 200.000 (but they don't cost the same). I'm in the third mission now (savegame attached). The problem doesn't occur in skirmishes. Does anyone else have the same problem?
Attachments
savegame.7z
(68.46 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Re: New units in the campaign are extremely expensive.

Post by EvilGuru »

The pricing may be slightly different in the campaign compared to skirmish games. As may the statistics of weapons.

An MG Viper Wheels should cost around 55 in the first campaign and have around 200 HP.

Regards, Freddie.
Arathorn
Greenhorn

Post by Arathorn »

I've made a screenshot for your convenience. I now have 10.000 currency, but as you can see from the screenshot, a new vehicle is not really in my budget. ???
Attachments
expensive.png
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

That's a really strange bug. I tested a large part of the campaign in beta 2 but never seen such a thing.
Maybe it has something to do with a mod? Have you tried reinstalling the game yet?
Arathorn
Greenhorn

Post by Arathorn »

I have. The only mod I use is Grim's graphics. I'll try with normal graphics.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

I tried your savegame, and it is normal.

Perhaps you have corrupted files someplace?
and it ends here.
Arathorn
Greenhorn

Post by Arathorn »

When I started a new game using the normal graphics, the problem was gone. Could this have anything to do with the graphics mod?
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Arathorn wrote: When I started a new game using the normal graphics, the problem was gone. Could this have anything to do with the graphics mod?
It is possible.

However, it is also possible that the save-game got corrupted, hence exorbitant unit prices.

Regards, Freddie.
The Commander
Trained
Trained

Post by The Commander »

If a save game got corrupted how on earth would it still load?
Stargate Mod
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

It loads the game correctly but some parts of it don't work...
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Arathorn wrote: Hi there I have a little problem with the campaign in beta 2. It seems like all units except the standard Machine Gun Viper Wheels and Mobile Repair Turret Viper Wheels are extremely expensive. New units cost about 200.000 (but they don't cost the same). I'm in the third mission now (savegame attached). The problem doesn't occur in skirmishes. Does anyone else have the same problem?
I've downloaded the savegame, and nothing was wrong in your save, i've passed the level, changed the viper wheels turret, saved the game and exit the game.

After this, i loaded the savegame, but nothing was changed, they has the same power cost

???

ps: With 200.000 of power, you're able to build up 200 Cannon Fortresses ;D ;D
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

I've downloaded the savegame
So download that one again, it's just a level. But this remains a strange bug -- i would say your savegame is corrupted too. Why dont you try to do the same things you did before saving and save the game again, to see if that is a bug or just a savegame corruption?

With 200.000 of power, you're able to build up 200 Cannon Fortresses

Oh, you can do a lot of things with such a power.  ::)
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

doom3r wrote: So download that one again, it's just a level. But this remains a strange bug -- i would say your savegame is corrupted too. Why dont you try to do the same things you did before saving and save the game again, to see if that is a bug or just a savegame corruption?
It's a savegame corruption, not a bug, i think.

I just tried to reproduce this trouble, but without success.

I've started a new campaign, reached and passed the arizona3, but nothing happened to me, the tanks just have the cheaper power cost, i tried everithing you could think

Cheers

;) ;) ;)
Jodun
New user

Post by Jodun »

Sup,

I downloaded 2.1 beta and ran the game with --cheat. I played the game for a while ran a few skirmishes and tried out all the cheats. I started a new campaign and typed in the health (All the health cheats, multiple times) and power cheats. When i made a new tank design its cost and health were extremely high. This bug did not seem to effect the certain vehicles like the viper wheeled repair tank. I started a new game, this time w/o cheats of any kind never entering debug mode. When I designed a new tank in the first campaign, the health and cost jumped to an extreme amount. The design window showed it costs 1000 energy and had 8400 health, but it must have been over 8 million. This was after starting a new game, not a save and w/o being in debug mode or typing any cheats.

--Jodun
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Jodun wrote: Sup,

I downloaded 2.1 beta and ran the game with --cheat. I played the game for a while ran a few skirmishes and tried out all the cheats. I started a new campaign and typed in the health (All the health cheats, multiple times) and power cheats. When i made a new tank design its cost and health were extremely high. This bug did not seem to effect the certain vehicles like the viper wheeled repair tank. I started a new game, this time w/o cheats of any kind never entering debug mode. When I designed a new tank in the first campaign, the health and cost jumped to an extreme amount. The design window showed it costs 1000 energy and had 8400 health, but it must have been over 8 million. This was after starting a new game, not a save and w/o being in debug mode or typing any cheats.

--Jodun
I guess the game thinks once a cheater, always a cheater.  :P
;)
I am guessing some stuff isn't cleared out.
and it ends here.