How do you get to Lancer AT rockets now?

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Troman
Trained
Trained

Re: How do you get to Lancer AT rockets now?

Post by Troman »

Deus Siddis wrote: It seems like kind of a waste buying all of those minipod upgrades just to get to the lancer, when the minipod is not very useful for very long itself.

Shouldn't there be a twin minipod weapon package at the end of the minipod line, just like you have twin versions of both "assault" weapons?

It would make alot of sense for VTOLs especially, like the twin Hydra rocket pods slung under the wings of modern VTOLs.
Yes, I  agree, prolonging mini-pod's TTL would be nice, but we don't have a turret for it.
?topic=1617.0
00Nobody
Greenhorn

Post by 00Nobody »

Well, if the VTOL weapons are technically a different weapon from the land-based weapons (VTOL Lancer Rocket, etc), wouldn't that mean it would be possible to change it so that the VTOL version has 2 pods to launch from?
Verminus
Trained
Trained

Post by Verminus »

Someone would still have to make the PIE model for the turret....
00Nobody
Greenhorn

Post by 00Nobody »

True.

I don't know a lot about modelling myself, but I am fairly certain it would also be possible to open up the VTOL Mini Pod Rocket model file and copy the pod, so that there would be 2 pods in the one file. Maybe a tiny connecting piece that is almost invisible, if it's an issue of "2 unconnected things in a model file."
Deus Siddis
Trained
Trained

Post by Deus Siddis »

Normally it would take a few seconds to make a double rocket pod out of a single, but the model came out badly warped when I imported it into blender. But it is not a huge deal, all of these models need to be replaced anyway.