Beta 2.1 - Multiplayer Bugs

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Troman
Trained
Trained

Re: Beta 2.1 - Multiplayer Bugs

Post by Troman »

I have played enough of post beta 2 games with locked alliances and never triggered this bug neither in skirmish nor multiplayer.

I think not everyone is aware of the fact that you have to destroy all enemy factories and units in order to win and might assume the game must end when all enemy structures are gone. I suspect that this could be it.
?topic=1617.0
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Not really, you can get that false win-screen even if the game has just started (5 mins or so)...
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Tell me what settings to use to reproduce it and it will be gone. ;)
?topic=1617.0
00Nobody
Greenhorn

Post by 00Nobody »

Whenever it happens to me and my friends (though we always play like this), we play on locked alliances, high starting power, T1 and no starting bases with all computer slots used. We also do even teams (2v2, 3v3, 4v4) though I highly doubt that makes a difference. It wouldn't appear to matter what map it is, because it has happened on every single map we have used. I also don't know if this makes a difference, but we play on AIVolution. According to other posters, however, it happens even WITHOUT the mod.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

michaelb wrote: Hm, that's really unfortunate. I was using the latest 2.1 beta, so was this fix included with it, or did I experience that issue even with the fix in place? What exactly is going wrong? Are player actions being lost over the network?

Nope, fix is not in 2.1.
They are using TCP now, so nothing is being 'lost'/ (no dropped packets).

It isn't synching all the units, which is (one of the) problems.
00Nobody wrote: The bug with the "Random Victory" has happened to me and my friends on MULTIPLE occaisons, and we've played almost all maps. I think its just an error AI coding though, for as far as i can tell it doesn't happen without computers. I have yet to play a game with just human players that does this.
I see, so human only games, and you don't see the issue, but human + AI --with all slots either a human or AI, and you do?
We have had many games with 3-5 people, + AI, and never have seen that. 

Are you playing trunk, or is this on beta 2?
and it ends here.
00Nobody
Greenhorn

Post by 00Nobody »

Beta 2. And yes, it would appear to only happen with all slots filled and at least one AI. I can't make any assurances on if this is part of the problem though. The fact it doesn't always happen in a game doesn't help much either.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

I tried everything, I just can't reproduce this bug. Let's hope it's gone in beta 3.
?topic=1617.0