AIvolution

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: AIvolution

Post by Buginator »

MetalBeast wrote: Ok, thx.

Smaller maps and limit to AI players seem to help a little.

Now, it would be perfect, if I could save my game ;)
You got a compiler?  If not, then you can get the free one from MS, and get it working pretty quick.  You just need to download a few hundred megs of SDKs and the like.  :)

Or you can use the one from mingw, and compile with that.

Or you can wait for the next beta release. --NO, I have no idea when that will happen.  ???
and it ends here.
MetalBeast
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalBeast »

I like your sarcastic kind of humor ;)
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

MetalBeast wrote: I like your sarcastic kind of humor ;)
Yes, especially the
Buginator wrote: get it working pretty quick
part.  ;)
?topic=1617.0
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

MetalBeast wrote: I like your sarcastic kind of humor ;)
Me?  Sarcastic?
What ever gave you that idea?  ;D
and it ends here.
The Commander
Trained
Trained

Post by The Commander »

I wouldnt know where to start to compile the so called trunk versions or what ever they are. I am a simple man. heh
Stargate Mod
Uber Schwarz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Uber Schwarz »

The Commander wrote: I wouldnt know where to start to compile the so called trunk versions or what ever they are. I am a simple man. heh
This should help you. http://wiki.wz2100.net/Compile_Guide
mikejyg
New user

Post by mikejyg »

I have played 2 skirmish games with this AI. In general, I would say this AI is much more challenging then the original. However, I do have the following observation,

1. This AI never uses VTOL.
2. This AI never uses artillery, neither does it defend against enemy artillery.

I think it does a good job organizing an attack, which makes the game interesting. However, I suspect this AI does micromanagement to a certain degree, which human players can never compete against. Also, it is difficult for a human player to control several units simultaneously for different tasks. Maybe the author can take this into consideration.

I also wonder whether this mod change any properties of weapons or units strengthes?
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

mikejyg wrote:I do have the following observation,

2. This AI never uses artillery, neither does it defend against enemy artillery.
O_O WTF?
When I'm playing skirmish games, the AI uses VTOL and Artillerie on every game...
Mortar and also Howitzer with CounterBattery-Tower... ?! O_o

And It also "abuses" the other oponents in the chat ;)
so red-aiv is saying something to cyan-aiv and telling not to turtle or something else...

did you load the aivolution-mod? so are your AIs also naming "red-aiv" and so on?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Buginator wrote: Me?  Sarcastic?
What ever gave you that idea?  ;D

xD they are on to you buggy!!!! xD
ThunderBuns
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ThunderBuns »

mikejyg wrote:I have played 2 skirmish games with this AI. In general, I would say this AI is much more challenging then the original. However, I do have the following observation,

I think it does a good job organizing an attack, which makes the game interesting. However, I suspect this AI does micromanagement to a certain degree, which human players can never compete against. Also, it is difficult for a human player to control several units simultaneously for different tasks. Maybe the author can take this into consideration.

I also wonder whether this mod change any properties of weapons or units strengthes?
Yeah, I've noticed this too.

The AI never, EVER uses VTOLs against me, they avoid them like the plague. I've never seen them use artillery either, and as you said they definitely don't defend against it.

It'd be really nice if these two things could be fixed, if they used VTOLs it'd make the game 100% harder, because then I'd have to focus on air defense as well.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

what if ai data's are difrent?

like for example... i play with "Guest" and my aivoluation ai learned some tactics, when "Guest" his ai dont , then will the learn data be equalled , or will warzone crash cuase of difrent data?
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

I have the same Aivolution problem.

aiv will not use VTO&LC's or artillery. (Vertical take-off & landing crafts)

But i have an addition to make, the aiv i have (most recent trunk) just spams mini pods, nothing but mini pods.
mini pod viper wheels, mini pod viper halftracks, mini pod viper track, mini pod bug wheel/half track/track,
mini pod leopard/retaliation/wheel/half/track and any other possible mini pod combo you can think of (excluding vtoalcs).
Main: Arithyce
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Raem_Lylar wrote:I have the same Aivolution problem.

aiv will not use VTO&LC's or artillery. (Vertical take-off & landing crafts)

But i have an addition to make, the aiv i have (most recent trunk) just spams mini pods, nothing but mini pods.
mini pod viper wheels, mini pod viper halftracks, mini pod viper track, mini pod bug wheel/half track/track,
mini pod leopard/retaliation/wheel/half/track and any other possible mini pod combo you can think of (excluding vtoalcs).
Are you sure? Aiv just uses mini-pods in the early game; if you survive its initial assault, it should eventually move on to light cannons (or does it go straight to medium cannon?), medium cannons, heavy cannons, and settle on HPVs. Are you sure you don't have some mod that changes the research tree enough that Aiv can't find cannons?
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

i played 3 rounds (wich i won) using Beggarskanyon (or something) and my Aiv builded mass Viper wheels units , they always lose , but each round just more attackers , and defense are only minipod tower and light cannon bunker... thats all they can do , xD , if i enable there cheats, they build Cobra-Minipod-Halftracks (only in cheat)

( Epic Fail for AIV!!! he said "Darkcheetah bring it on!" and i totaly smashed his base to the ground right after he said it XD )
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

Zarel wrote:
Are you sure? Aiv just uses mini-pods in the early game; if you survive its initial assault, it should eventually move on to light cannons (or does it go straight to medium cannon?), medium cannons, heavy cannons, and settle on HPVs. Are you sure you don't have some mod that changes the research tree enough that Aiv can't find cannons?
The aiv will use heavy cannons, but by time it does i already have Gauss cannons... :rolleyes:
Does entering debug mode (--cheat: shift+backspace) have anything to do with this?

But anyway, aiv sucks even if it worked correctly... (its better than the stock, but still too weak for me)
Is there any realy badass epic uber ai i can download?
Main: Arithyce