Some feedback of the 2.1 beta

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Some feedback of the 2.1 beta

Post by HCN-Trooper »

Hi guys,

I played 2.1 and it's really nice(the new menu interface and secured alliances) so far but i have some (buggy) situations:

-the audio seems not to work correctly(sometimes you hear sounds of something that isn't there or just nothing when it should)

-when i make a Heavy body, ground to air, and then ground to ground  turret the unit can't taget enemy ground units
so i don't use "anti air only" turrets anymore

-and why isn't it allowed to make a : heavy body-truck-assault gun, or a Heavy body-archangel missle-sensor?

but i think more ppl have these difficulities...
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Some feedback of the 2.1 beta

Post by Buginator »

HCN-Trooper wrote: Hi guys,

I played 2.1 and it's really nice(the new menu interface and secured alliances) so far but i have some (buggy) situations:

-the audio seems not to work correctly(sometimes you hear sounds of something that isn't there or just nothing when it should)

-when i make a Heavy body, ground to air, and then ground to ground  turret the unit can't taget enemy ground units
so i don't use "anti air only" turrets anymore

-and why isn't it allowed to make a : heavy body-truck-assault gun, or a Heavy body-archangel missle-sensor?

but i think more ppl have these difficulities...
What new menu interface?  I don't recall that being changed?

For the audio, yeah, that happens.  It doesn't handle sounds in a intelligent way.

For the turrets, are you talking multi-turrets?  If so, that code isn't working 100% as you can see.
Some of the stuff isn't allowed because it looks like crap, since the bodies were not designed correctly for multi-turret support.
and it ends here.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

For turrets you are not allowed to mix sensors and weapons.

However, I doubt multi-turret support will make it into 2.1. It is just not polished enough and we do not have the time to get it working well.

Don't get too attached to it :)

Regards, Freddie.
ouch
Trained
Trained

Post by ouch »

they work fine for me, they do have some problems but none I can see that justifies thier removeal.

Don't make me come over there with my pack of heavy cannon, twin assault cannon, vengeance, tracked tanks!
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

ouch wrote: they work fine for me, they do have some problems but none I can see that justifies thier removeal.

Don't make me come over there with my pack of heavy cannon, twin assault cannon, vengeance, tracked tanks!
Not removal, just disabled.  Or perhaps only allow it in debug/cheat mode.

The issue is, if it is left as is, then they will get flooded with complaints / bug reports about something they know isn't working correctly all the time.

Believe it or not, this release was meant to test the netcode, and so far, people are testing everything but that.
and it ends here.
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Post by HCN-Trooper »

some update:

-now the map isn't textured:S

-it crashed one time when i hit the escape bottom for options(i'll upload the report)

-the AI makes an insane ammount of aircraft :S(when skirmishing...i almost only have to make and research AA :S)

-loading time of a savegame takes MUCH more time than normal

-sometimes the mapview shakes:S (only on one zoompoint)

-the game looks laggy:S

-i noticed sometimes when i click with the cursor then a random sound will be heard

-sometimes when ordering an unit....it reacts very late

-double-click-to-build order for a truck sometimes doesn't work well

-drag building doesn't work well too

Here are some further suggestions:

-no more single VTOL re-arming pads, make VTOL rearming pads 3X3 tiles or so...

-VTOL misslesystems never hits a VTOL(so...in VTOL vs VTOL).....same for Cyborg missles...i think missles have to follow their targets (like SAM)

-place Commander turret to weapons section too(and block the possibillity to place 2 Commander turrets on a body)

that's all this far...

seb