Windows Vista

Our old place to report Bugs, it's not used anymore. To report bugs, please read this topic.
Leatherwolf
New user

Re: Windows Vista

Post by Leatherwolf »

RayfenWindspear wrote: Leatherwolf, you say you got it to run fine on your Vista machine? What vid card do you have? From what I've figured the only real incompatability problems have to do with certain vid cards... oh and who can forget the user end errors  :P
My video card is a VisionTek X1650Pro 256MB(driver: 7.1.1.598). As for the end user errors I am the king of those ;D If anyone would like to know the rest of the specs they are as follows:

Vista Home Premium
          Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
          AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+
          1 GB RAM

Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

Leatherwolf wrote: My video card is a VisionTek X1650Pro 256MB(driver: 7.1.1.598). As for the end user errors I am the king of those ;D If anyone would like to know the rest of the specs they are as follows:

Vista Home Premium
          Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
          AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+
          1 GB RAM

Are you running windows vista 32 or 64 bit version ?
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Hatsjoe wrote: Are you running windows vista 32 or 64 bit version ?
If it is 64, you might want to try running in 32bit compatibility mode (I'm assuming vista supports that). Well actually that should not be necessary as long as you don't compile it yourself for 64bit.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
ioamnesia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ioamnesia »

I have tested ATI Catalyst 7.3 and OpenGL seems to be fixed.
Uber Schwarz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Uber Schwarz »

How to cure the Vista problem: Wipe out the entire HDD and install a distro of Linux such as Ubuntu. :)
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Uber Schwarz wrote: How to cure the Vista problem: Wipe out the entire HDD and install a distro of Linux such as Ubuntu. :)
FreeBSD will suffice just as well. Although GNU/Linux has the stronger moral values IMO (which is more to my taste).
firewire5200
New user

Post by firewire5200 »

warzone runs fine in my copy of Vista Home Premium.

specs:
MODEL: acer Aspire L100
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 (dual core) 3600+
GFX: nVidia GeForce FX 6150 LE (vRAM unknown, but probably 256MB) @ 1024x768x32

the only issue ive experienced, is that the cursor is invisible. you can still select things.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

The cursor is handled by SDL, so possibly this will fix itself when SDL becomes Vista compatible.
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

Is there ANY way to get the newest Wz2100 running on Vista? I'm coming back to WZ after a 3yr break (Yes, i was the Nucnut who started and crapped out in a new campaign project all those years ago...) and am ecstatic that WZ has evolved so far. BTW, what ever happened to WZ Starter? That had a great way of selecting the resolution and display device right there on the panel.

One button click and WZ starts a working. Its good to be back. But GODDAMN VISTA! On Battlefield 2: Special Forces the same thing happens on the Night maps, and i can't find a solution to either problem...

NucNut
REDAC Aerospace: Proving that aircraft and terrain don't mix since 2005 :D
XFire Profile: dogzeroonefox
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

First and foremost: Trash Vista, not your computer! And some other lets-not-use-vista-stuff: http://badvista.fsf.org/freesoftwarefre ... e-society/
NucNut wrote: One button click and WZ starts a working. Its good to be back. But GODDAMN VISTA! On Battlefield 2: Special Forces the same thing happens on the Night maps, and i can't find a solution to either problem...
Now as for your problem. What is it? You say on BF2:SF "the same thing happens" what "same thing" ??
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

The program lags as if i was using my original 8Mb RAM computer. It's as if you're watching a seed fall through syrup, or in BF2: SF's case, running through syrup. It is EXTREMELY Irritating...

(Think Chug, Chug, Chug)
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

Im using Vista home premium 32, and warzone runs fine.

Although i did have a similar problem with half life 2 it was choppy as hell until i turned UAC off and changed to windows classis desktop theme.
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

What's UAC? Changing to windows classic theme didn't help. What resolution should i use? :groan:
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

UAC = User Account Control, I Don't recommend turning it off, the only other advice i can give is to update all your drivers and perhaps try running warzone in compatibility mode. Those are the 3 main things ive had to do to get various games and other programs working under vista.
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

To express my feelings on Vista:

I am an obvious Microsoft fan.  Vista Business Edition is being offered through my School's Computer Science program for free, and I still have XP Pro :)
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.