Textual and Research errors

Our old place to report Bugs, it's not used anymore. To report bugs, please read this topic.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Textual and Research errors

Post by themousemaster »

*** EDITED JAN21 2007 ***

Alright, I now use V2.0.5, and a bit of what I had written here is still present, but I will repeat it for ease, using this handy list I have next to me...

--- Researching the Stormbringer Laser causes the Vindicator SAM to show up in the intelligence screen after completion.  You don't actually GET the vindicator, mind you, just an incorrect display.

--- Same with automatic VTOL re-arming.  The display in the intelligence area is for the Robotic VTOL production.

--- Same with Robotic VTOL rearming, lists Advanced VTOL production in intelligence screen.

--- After completion of research on Nexus link Tower, NOTHING is put in the intelligence screen, despite saying "major research completed" (just the tower, the turret shows fine)

There are some things with the research tree I don't understand, not that I guarantee they are bugs, but are confusing nonetheless:

--- HVAPFSDS cannon rounds are required for AA HEAP flak

--- The Target Prediction computer for the Railgun weapon class is necessary for AA target Prediction research

--- The Rapid Cannon Loader is necessary for the AA chainfeed research

--- The Rocket Autoloader does NOT need you to research the lancer missle first (getting the maximum minipod rate of fire upgrades unlocks it whether you have actual rockets or not)

--- The Rocket Thermal Imaging upgrade is necessary for the AA thermal imaging upgrade, and therefore for the 2 AA upgrades after thermal imaging as well.

--- Most upgrades have lower pre-reqs (the railgun anti-tank weapon class requires Cannon weaponry before you get to it, for example), but the upgrade to anti-personnel weaponry (lasers) does NOT have the other type of anti-personnel weaponry (machineguns) as a pre-req.  So technically, you can skimp machine guns completely, and still add lasers to your arsenal after playing primarily anti-tank gear the whole game without difficulty.

It's like the game doesn't want your AA to be accurate at all unless you go into every single tree branch ;p.  (Note:  All of the AA I'm talking about above is the AA guns, not the SAM's).  I can understand where, say, Cannon Autoloader as a prereq for Mortar autoloader makes sense, but for the AA gun, which I thought was based on the Machinegun tech?

Lastly:

--- Advanced Cyborg production and Advanced Factory Production do NOT have robotic production as pre-requisites; I can research both of them after maxing Neural Synapse research brain, even if I haven't researched a single thing under either factories or Cyborg factories (don't ask me how I played a game to find that out ;p).  Which begs the question, if I research Advanced first, then go back and do Robotic, does it actually slow production down?...
Last edited by themousemaster on 21 Jan 2007, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: Textual and Research errors

Post by DevUrandom »

Erm... If you use version 1.x, then you are wrong here... Generally we don't support the original releases.
We can look if your problems still persist in 2.0.5 and maybe fix them in our version.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Fair enough, I was just going through various posts, and noting that it is stated often that a lot of the game mechanics were never changed (as the post indicating the inferno and plasmite statements I made in the other thread were echoed), figured that simple text issues wouldn't have been high on a priority list of changes to be done.

I suppose if I'm going to keep posting here, I should get the latest versions of the game... I just have such terrible luck with anything downloaded that I procrastinate it regularly.  :(
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Then you could also wait for another week or two. ;)
I hope I don't forget to release 2.0.5_rc2 (only rc, because the new installer/compilation technique, nothing new in the game) next weekend...
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Updated to latest version.