Transport not arriving in Campaign 2 Mission 1

Bugs that have been fixed for or in a later version
np
New user

Transport not arriving in Campaign 2 Mission 1

Post by np »

No reinforcements makes this mission very hard.  I actually beat it anyway, but I don't think I'll be able to finish mission 2 without the "extra" units.  I stumbled upon this:
http://wz2100.net/forum/index.php?topic=256.0
which led to this:
http://www.realtimestrategies.net/forum ... php?t=1271
after which I tried unzipping warzone.wz, replacing cam2aReIn.vlo with cam2arein.vlo in wrf/cam2/cam2a.wrf, and rezipping warzone.wz.  No effect, still no reinforcements, including the initial batch.  Is something else necessary to fix this?  Does no one else bother playing past the first campaign, or do they relish the challenge of starting anew in campaign two?
Last edited by DevUrandom on 05 Feb 2007, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
kage
Regular
Regular

Re: Campaign 2, Mission 1?

Post by kage »

what operating system are you using?
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

From the way he writes directories, I'd guess it's some UNIX variant, probably Linux. ;)
Later (next week, next month, ...) I'll try to apply some commits (or parts of them), which are currently residing in the trunk, to the 2.0 branch. I really have no idea how this shall fix the reinforcement issue, but if you say that fixed it, kage, then I'll give it a try. (-> http://wz2100.net/wiki/roadmap:2.0.6)
np
New user

Post by np »

Right, this is on linux; I gather the problem doesn't exist on windows, unfortunately I can't verify that.  I was a little surprised downcasing the .vlo in the .wrf didn't work, as that seemed to be the whole of the problem from Kage's post.  Was there anything else you had to do?  Did you have to start fresh from cam1a (I have no idea what info is stored in the savegames).  I've been working from a save immediately prior to launch from the alpha base, though it has occured to me that this might be too late to pick up .wrf changes.  Shall I wait for 2.0.6, build from head, or is there something else to try?
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

attached is the script i created for this (this is the exact same one that is posted in a code block at the rts.net forum). then, you can run:

Code: Select all

sh wrf-fix --no-replace /path-to-wz-files/*.wz
obviously replacing path-to-wz-files with the path to your warzone files. any number of .wz files can be listed here, and they will get batch processed. after it processes them, you should have a directory that would match /tmp/wrf-fix.*, or it might be somewhere else, depending on how mktemp works on your system, or depending on your environment vars -- at this point, you can mv the .wz files residing in that directory back into /path-to-wz-files/. note, this assumes you have zip, unzip, mktemp, and sed as available commands.

now, while leaving out the --no-replace option would do that work for you, it would probably require elevated privledges, and, while i can tell you the script isn't malicious, it's always possible there's some nasty bug, and even in the interest of security, it's easier to mv the files yourself then it is to look over the script and make sure it won't do anything bad.

oh, and while dev did suggest an improved method for handling the downcasing operation, i'm too lazy to implement it since you're the first person to mention this problem in some time, and the result is exactly the same (just in my case, a little slower).

in regards to your point that lowercasing the references in the .wrf didn't work, well i didn't just lowercase those references, i downcased *all* of them, so it might be that. also, this requires that all the filenames themselves are lowercase, but i believe that had already been done a few releases ago. further, it seems to me that there is some bug out there that causes the exact same problem with that mission, but for unknown reasons -- at least, that's what i've been able to guess from some other posts on the same problem, so it is possible that you could be afflicted with both the wrf problem and that bug, if such a bug really does exist.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

np
New user

Post by np »

Thanks for the script, though unfortunately the problem persists.  As you wrote, there may be another bug somewhere.  Unless there's some sort of trace or logging I can enable, the only other information I can supply that seems relevant is that the vehicle designs from campaign one don't propagate either.  It's been awhile, but I'm fairly certain that was not the case in the retail version.  I also get:

error:      Unknown message type: -1304190060
last message repeated 2^n times
on this mission, though intuition tells me that this error message means nothing to anyone.

If there's something else I should try, do let me know.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

tech from the first campaign is definitely supposed to persist. actually, afaik, wz stores in memory at least all previous tech, so it seems possible that the error message you got was related to the "no previous tech" bug.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Can someone provide me a savegame of this? (Searched, but couldn't find one by myself.)
I backported the wrf cleanup stuff from the trunk, but need something to check if it helped.
I read that reloading fixes this: Reloading after advancing to Campagin 2 or also before, when still in Campaign 1?
D.Durand
Trained
Trained

Post by D.Durand »

I have a save game bewteen the last mission of campaign 1 and the first of campaign 2, if you want (tried two times this mission : First no reinforcement. Two, after a reload of the save game, lost too many of my experiencer vehicle and i want to rethink my strategy).
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Yes I want...

When you load the savegame the 1st time, you don't get reinforcements, but when you load it the 2nd time, they are present? Or are they allways present when you load the savegame, but they were not when you created it?
D.Durand
Trained
Trained

Post by D.Durand »

Nope.

1°After i finish the last mission of the first panel, i go on a mini-mission where i update some of my units (All of my MC tank updated in HC tanks).

2° I put 10 units in the tranport, and click on the "go" button.

3° In the "end mission" panel, i choose to save.

4° First mission of the new campain begin. No reinforcement. The "transport" button and timer not appear.

5° I reload the save : Reinforcements, and the "transport" button and timer are here.

PS. Your Email is hidden (damn, a savegame is a lot of files).
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

zip it up, attach it here...

So you start Warzone, load the savegame once (no reinf.), load it again (this time with reinf.)?
If you start Warzone again you again have to load the savegame twice?
So all depends on not closing Warzone in between of the 2 loading processes?
Weird...
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

Read again, dev.
D.Durand wrote: 3° In the "end mission" panel, i choose to save.

4° First mission of the new campain begin. No reinforcement. The "transport" button and timer not appear.

5° I reload the save : Reinforcements, and the "transport" button and timer are here.
He pressed 'save' and then continue playing without reloading the savegame he just created, and the reinf. + timer is fucked. Then he reloads his savegame and the reinf. and timer is back to normal.

If I understand it correctly, it is that if you load this mission through a save game, the reinf. and timer works, if not (ie. you just continued playing from the previous mission) then the reinf. + timer dosn't work.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Damn, yes, now I see that...
So we need a savegame from the end of campaign 1?
Did someone try if reloading a savegame from the end of cam1 gives correct reinforcements?
If it does, I don't have no clue how I could test if what some people experienced as fix really works...

So: If anyone has a savegame from end of cam1, please attach it. I'll then test with an unmodified and the modified version and see if I get any difference...
D.Durand
Trained
Trained

Post by D.Durand »

DevUrandom wrote: zip it up, attach it here...

So you start Warzone, load the savegame once (no reinf.), load it again (this time with reinf.)?
If you start Warzone again you again have to load the savegame twice?
So all depends on not closing Warzone in between of the 2 loading processes?
Weird...
Nope : Tonight, i have the reinforcements.

It's the C game
Attachments
savegame.ZIP
(724.52 KiB) Downloaded 109 times