tmp's maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: tmp's maps

Post by Berg »

Giani wrote:How did you put snow in arizona?
And why? O_o
Yeah that a data error it cant find a texture I dont know why that is I saw it in master too I will look into it.
after some test found errors in map and scav mod ...

error |12:03:35: [loadSaveStructure2:4758] Structure A0CannonTower, coord too near the edge of the map. id - 706
error |12:03:35: [setFlagPositionInc:5070] We have too many factories of type 0, player 7
info |12:03:35: [setFlagPositionInc:5071] Can't set flag!
info |12:03:35: [setFlagPositionInc:5071] Assert in Warzone: structure.cpp:5071 (false), last script event: '<none>'
error |12:03:35: [setFlagPositionInc:5070] We have too many factories of type 0, player 7
info |12:03:35: [setFlagPositionInc:5071] Can't set flag!
info |12:03:35: [setFlagPositionInc:5071] Assert in Warzone: structure.cpp:5071 (false), last script event: '<none>'
see http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3557#comment:2 ticket for other issues.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Scav mod is fixed now, so this bug is no longer present: check out v1.09.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Giani wrote:
Iluvalar wrote:but, it's bidirectional. Both side can't shoot. The higher units still don't have any advantage.
While the tanks that aren't on the hills go up, they can be shot by arti and MRAs. And I tried that map whit Berg and walls whit weapons have some advantage, because they are taller than tanks.
While the tanks that are on the hills go down, they can be shot by arti and MRAs.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well yeah, highground advantage is more complicated than that.

An attacker can quickly join the battle, being shot for a shorter amount of time (including arty and MRAs). But if he decides to fall back, his losses will be heavier. Also, long-range attackers don't really benefit from coming close to the enemy, but flamers do.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

If you have high ground and attacking down hill retreat is a bad idea your droids/tanks take longer to climb back up the hill..
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Hey that's the error I'm getting in Cam 4 on the current beta.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

That's due to separating Sand and Yellow textures in arizona in beta11. They used to use the same texture, but they no longer do. Thus, you need to make sure the new texture is either loaded (check out the .wrf file) or not used (in /tileset/*.txt files).
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

The error I posted is a map maker flame error the error ultimate scav had is a wrf error they two separate NoQ The texture define was not defines in scav mod thats not realy a bother it dont crash the game just have snow instead of texture.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Oh, I see. Well, the 'flags' thing is what I'm running into. Haven't really dug much further into it since today has been devoted to other things, WZ and real-life alike. ;)

Any idea what to do to fix it?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Don't place more than 5 factories? I think these two are related.
Or not?
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

ok i checked the map and dont really know where the error message is coming from... looked over the buildings and all seems normal to me. but that doesn't mean much....

and now out of frustration i made a stupid map that i will probably never going to play :stressed: unless i change my mind and find mortars the best thing wz has to offer...
dammit.png
8c-dammit.wz
(31.8 KiB) Downloaded 655 times
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Nice recommendation, you must have been really angry. Sometimes it is good to withdraw, and rethink the other day, or just sleep with thw idea. There were two maps I made which have never appeared as I considered them a masterpiece of crapiness.

It is to be enjoyment man, not frustration.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

making a map out of frustration <-sarcastic-> instead of more work i tend to hit a brick wall out of frustration :wink:
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

10c cashew (for those of u who are thinking my gosh it looks like a tree - yes indeed hence the name cashew[which is a nut that grows on a tree]

now that i cleared up the basics, 10 player map suitable for 5vs5, 6vs4, 2vs2vs3vs3.. whatever... have fun
cashew.png
10c-cashew_v1.wz
(60.85 KiB) Downloaded 557 times
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

8 player map...
hallberry.jpg
8c-hallbarry_v1.wz
(40.2 KiB) Downloaded 560 times