Maps by Goth

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Maps by Goth

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

In keeping with the fine tradition here on the website, I submit some of my own Multiplayer maps.

4c-UrbanCloser (download)
4cUrbanCloser.png
4cUrbanCloser.png (6.71 KiB) Viewed 8435 times
First up is the first REAL map I ever made, Urban Closer. I've reworked it from the ground up, and applied the 'Urban Extended' tileset to it. I love this map. It's 4-players PLUS Scavengers, on a 64x64 map. For a REAL challenge, use Ultimate Scavenger Mod and the latest iteration of Nullbot on T1.

Licence: GPL-2

----------------------------------

8c-UrbanEqual (download)
8cUrbanEqual.png
8cUrbanEqual.png (18.25 KiB) Viewed 8435 times
Next up is Urban Equal. This map has gone through several iterations, but I like this one the best. Each player is paired off with another nearby. Secure your own area first, then hold off everyone else - if you can. :D This map favors Turtling, but has a rush component due to the proximity of your neighbor (who also wants the resources!). By the time you get your neighbor dealt with, 1-2 AI players have already made their way across the map and are gunning for you. This one is never boring.

----------------------------------

8c-K4X2-Mod (with Scavengers) (download)
8cK4x2ModScavs.png
8cK4x2ModScavs.png (12.86 KiB) Viewed 8435 times
A personal favorite map, K4X2 by Viper2100 ( found here ), retooled almost beyond recognition. This map is the epitomy of 'Turtle Rush'. The AI's get VERY aggressive here. Couple this map with Ultimate Scavenger Mod and Nullbot, and you've got a TON of possibilities.

Enjoy these, everyone. :) Let me know what you guys think.
Last edited by Goth Zagog-Thou on 08 Jul 2012, 05:16, edited 5 times in total.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: Maps by Goth

Post by aubergine »

Turtle maps! <3

For the tileset, is it possible to deploy it as a mod? Every time I try to modify base.wz it causes the game to crash :s
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Yep, not a problem. I'll have that up in a couple of minutes.

Check first post for Extended Tilesets Mod.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

8c-UrbanCloserEqual (download)
urbanequalcloser.png
urbanequalcloser.png (5.83 KiB) Viewed 8371 times
This one is Urban Closer, but doubled in size to handle 8 players. I'll put it simply -- it's violent. The stock AI is about as aggressive as I've ever seen it. If you turtle on this one, you WILL lose. It plays like the classic map 'Wheel', but half the size.

Enjoy!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Goth Zagog-Thou hello :)
In keeping with the fine tradition here on the website, I submit some of my own Multiplayer maps.
We are happy to hear :)
A personal favorite map, K4X2 by Viper2100 ( found here ), retooled almost beyond recognition.
I it partly ambiguous but if you work on somebodys else pattern, even if redoing it in 95% it is good that you state it in the description "based on X" as you still use a pattern already existing even if it was a single hill ;) so stating so or asking that person would be nice :) but you did alright here I think :) why I am so law obedient here :hmm:

anyway :)

Reading here between the lines I can see a litle spark of passion evolving which I am happy to see :)

The maps are really nice but why so serious? I mean dark, I mean urban ;) what I mean here is :lecture: maybe try playing with different tiles? and add some features (reasonably) as at some places the maps shyly ask for them.

I like geometry here and initial ideas :) also the descriptions you make are not killingly boring :)

I have no knowledge about mods so here I remain silent :)

Ah by the way I am not sure but I think it is advisable to inform somehow if the map has an mod which is not clearly visible.

And with this dark tiles I only suggest it is you the creator who will follow your own heart :)

To sum up good work :)

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Thanks 'Mero. I made several attempts to get the extended tilesets working as a mod; to no avail, sadly.

I really should include instructions on how to simply add them to base.wz . That always works on my end, but I don't play against human players -- and they could be detected as a cheat or something, and we certainly don't want that.

I should re-tool all the maps to NOT need custom tiles, no matter how "stock-friendly" the extended sets are.

I'll take what you've proposed in strong consideration. :)
Kivy
New user

Post by Kivy »

Hello made an account just so i can comment on this issue i have on your map

The map 8c-K4X2-Mod (with Scavengers) has some issues with Warzone 2100-3.1_beta8 with the ultimate scavenger mod enabled... the scavengers they are fine no issues... probably the fact they can wipe out a insane difficulty semper fi faction in under an hour on this map is a bit of a concern reason being the AI build around were their HQ is and that means building on the high rised areas of the map they build NO defences what so ever... might be worth while moving the HQ and spawn area to the middle of the players respected spawn zones so they can build more than 8 structures lol
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Semperfi is a bad AI, try nullbot ;)
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Kivy
New user

Post by Kivy »

Giani wrote:Semperfi is a bad AI, try nullbot ;)

il give it a try and see what happens ty
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Yep, Nully can deal with the Scavs.

It's meant overall to be a challenge for players who are craving something that puts up more of a fight.

Try out UrbanCloserEqual -- it's insanity, even with the stock AI. Nully absolutely roflpwns puts up a good fight against human players on that one, no matter what difficulty setting. :lol2:
Last edited by Goth Zagog-Thou on 07 May 2012, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:... Nully absolutely roflpwns human players on that one, no matter what difficulty setting. :lol2:
Could not reproduce. Tested with v3.1_beta9, with me in position 0, NullBot v1.23 in position 4 (hard setting).
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Really? Interesting.. I should have another go with Nully then. Last time it was 7 Nullies vs me, and I lost .. QUICKLY. :lol2:
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Tested in case the number of NullBots was the issue, but still failed to reproduce NullBots roflpwning a human player. http://wz2100.net/~cyp/recording-20120505070728.mp4
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

I see what you did there. :lol2:

Your playstyle is also quite different from mine. Results seem to vary.
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Hi Goth:

Wow, I didn't realise that there are so many people making new maps. :oops: I better read more threads in this forum and thank more people. :lol2:

Thanks a lot Goth for these maps,

Sg1efc :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)