maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: maps by NoQ

Post by NoQ »

It was a quiet Arizona morning. Wind was gently shaking the branches of white mutant Arizona pine trees, making a beautiful peaceful sound. In fact, i thought this sound was funny when i heard it for the first time, but now i am kind of used to it.
  • - Excuse me Sir! Scavenger scouts report that we are under attack by the forces of the Project!
I wake up and look at the clock. It's 3:45AM Universal New Paradigm Time.

Ouch.

Why it has to be my birthday? :stressed: In fact, i have no idea when my birthday is. Right now I was planning to celebrate the day when the New Paradigm boys picked me up starving in the middle of nowhere in some sandy valley a couple of years ago. This seems to be some sort of second life for me; I don't feel anything about their ideology, but I'm greatful to them, they recognize my ... talents ... as a commander, and i made some good friends here to. Huh. They surely know the right time to attack :annoyed:

I'm picking up the synaptic link phone and calling our chief to report the situation. What the hell?
  • "Error 272 establishing connection: The Secure Synaptic Link certificate is out of date."
Oh crap, when did they update that one? Pushing the intelligence reports button. "The Project Heavy Body is captured and ready for analysis." No, not that one ... "Arizona bushes were proven to be bad for health." No, not this one either ... Here it is! "SSL certificate update. We're switching to a more secure way of delivering the certificates. It should be harder to hack; please provide your feedback."
  • - Ehm, lieutenant, did we recieve anything ... emmm ... any paper recently?
    - Yes Sir! Tonight we caught a carrier pigeon with some paper attached! It had some digits on it!
A carrier pigeon? :doh: That's surely a secure way of pre-sharing the key. I think the Project would have caught that pigeon when they saw it even if it weren't carrying a secret code.

Well, fine. Seems to work now.
  • - Hello? Oh commander, what's up man?
He sounds pretty fresh. Probably was celebrating something tonight, still awake.
  • - Hey chief, sorry to interrupt but we're sort of under attack down there.
    - Under attack? Hmm, you never had a problem with that. Any chance to survive?
    - Emm, we're having as many as four cannon borgs against a pretty tough tracked army of machineguns and cannons. Will hold for a while, of course ...
    - Ok fine, I'm sending you 2500 New Paradigm Dollars of energy, should be enough to get some army done. Don't forget to send the standard warning. gl.
    - hf chief ... :roll:
Not being sure he understood anything, i'm pressing the "Play" button.
  • "Your attacks will not go unpunished. You are in contravention of the New Paradigm. You will be destroyed. gl."
Why the hell do i have to play this stupid video? They surely won't call it a masterpiece or give me a candy for that. :hmm:

4c-TheParadigm

A single-player challenge for v3.1+, where you command the New Paradigm forces in a battle against the Project (and their sidekicks known as "the Venture"). You will have some scavengers on your side; they aren't very clever, but will provide a bit of distraction. The AI is based on NullBot v1.29 (MC, Hover and scavenger) with a few tweaks. This challenge is relatively easy, hardly took an hour for me to beat up.
Attachments
TheParadigm.png
TheParadigm.png (4.36 KiB) Viewed 18726 times
4c-TheParadigm.wz
Use the "Challenges" menu to play.
For v3.1+
(44.45 KiB) Downloaded 1294 times
Last edited by NoQ on 25 May 2012, 18:53, edited 2 times in total.
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks NoQ for the new map and that neat WZ2100 story. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Funny history :P
And good map :)
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

That is what I was talking about lately :) (the stories, colourful descriptions)

From the latest I like Inversion very much :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Awesome map, love the fact we get to play as NP, scavs as allies is awesome, and great story too! Awesome win!
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

2c-Omega

This map has some shortcuts that are one tile wide and blocked by features at start. So, despite being 64x64, it has a pretty large rush distance.

Could use some feedback on the choke placement and overall design (:
Attachments
Omega.png
Omega.png (8.85 KiB) Viewed 18606 times
2c-Omega.wz
(17.66 KiB) Downloaded 753 times
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks NoQ. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Neat Story line, it make me wish you could spreed Propaganda to the other factions, u know, to makem wana switch sides... But then they could... NVM Bad idea.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I made an update to my old* 5c-Starfish map, which is one of the very few maps where cliff decals didn't look good (since it was made with a very aggressive assumption that they won't ever exist). So i did it the cheap way, effectively disabling cliff decals on this map. This turns it into a map-mod (doesn't decrease compatibility too much; i'd rather say it's more stable now). Also, i packed aubergine's starry skydome inside! Just for fun. Decreased the quality a bit to keep the filesize low.

Direct download link: _________
* uhm, i had a different forum name at that time ... brings back memories (:
Attachments
wz2100-20120620_162314-Starfish-1-01-T1.jpg
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks NoQ. ;)

The graphics in that picture look really sweet. :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

4c-Mansion

Suddenly had a mood for one more marble map, small 4-player FFA this time.
Compatibility is 2.3.8+/3.1+, as usual (:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Attachments
Mansion.png
Mansion.png (3.77 KiB) Viewed 18372 times
4c-Mansion.wz
(156.96 KiB) Downloaded 802 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Also, updated 6c-Mirage to v1.01: just noticed that its custom textures are not really compatible with 3.1 beta11, so it needed a fix as well.
Attachments
wz2100-20120723_120300-Mirage-1-01-T1.jpg
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Cool, Thanks NoQ. :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

8c-DesertRuins

An 8-player FFA map, smaller and tighter than 8c-Source.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Attachments
DesertRuins.png
DesertRuins.png (18.19 KiB) Viewed 18222 times
8c-DesertRuins.wz
(56.59 KiB) Downloaded 930 times
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Very nice NoQ :) I like the way you take screens shots from interesting angles so those loke even better.

Could you tell me how you add those nice pictures? I have a feeling I was asking about it already :hmm:

At the same time there is something disturbing for me it its shape, and I mean preview and preview only.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero