modoricam1a... here now.

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

modoricam1a... here now.

Post by lav_coyote25 »

:3
modoricam1a.png
wz2100_shot_066.png
for those that like long games... here you go. not sure what multiplayer will be like - should be a bit of a challenge. :)

and yes it is - mod of original campaign 1a map. :3 xD
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Re: modoricam1a... coming soon.

Post by whippersnapper »

Wow, fabulous. I love a long 3D warfare exprerienc. :) (As opposed to predominantly 2D, symmetric maps.)

regards, whipper :cool:
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

i just finished testing the "final" so to speak.... over the last 4 days i havent had a game less than 3 hours.... and the ai attacks within 6 mins. yes i love long tutle games... and at the end - i use vtols and trucks to take the pain to the ai. :twisted: and is there a limit to the amount of structures one can build??? if so thats the bug... :stare: xD
Attachments
end game.
end game.
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

So what is this map - is it the first (fully-revealed) campaign level?
Bring back...ducks!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

well it is based on that first of the campaign missions... yes. but that is where it starts to take on its own life (so to speak...). will be posting the map shortly - once i clear up some small errors in the tiles on the terrain. :D
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: modoricam1a... here now.

Post by lav_coyote25 »

this map is based on the cam 1 a map .
modoricam1afinal.png
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

I posted this in the thread on the truly amazing new Random map generator for Warzone 2.2 by Florian & Martin...
whippersnapper wrote:.

Looks to make as good or better maps than 90% of mappers efforts over the last 10 years. Congrats. :)

This map (as all of Coyote's maps) belongs in the other 10% category... I've looked it over and it's deliciously
3D warfare intricate.. :) Your modding of Alpha Cam map is really beautifully done. You've made it your own
regardless of it's origins, imo.

This map is the opposite of pumping-out cookie-cutter, cut 'n paste, flat maps by the dozen. That's ok for learning
the ins and out of the map editor but if you wanna make maps of lasting value I think you have to put this kind of effort
into 'em... Even with the Random Map Generator (which makes better maps than many mappers, IMO) I think, as Freddy
expressed, you should spend some hours modding-tweaking them to make them your own and add even more value to 'em.

I'll start a game l8r this evening after I get some game work done - my way of rewarding myself. ;)

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Coyote, what are you doing? O_O
Your going to have all those 'flat map' only crowd come at you with pitch forks! :D

Nice stuff. :)
and it ends here.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

nope. they wouldnt be able to find my fat butt due to the terrain is too varied. lolololol xD xD xD :3 :twisted:
luisynai101
Trained
Trained

Post by luisynai101 »

its hard to find a spot were to build my base its a little toobumpy
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

luisynai101 wrote:its hard to find a spot were to build my base its a little toobumpy
what player position ?? the maps i make player 0 should be the human player if playing against ai's. let me know what position was too bumpy... thanks. :3
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok here is the FINAL (i hope) modoricam1a.map i fixed a few things and made a few choke points a little larger and moved a couple gateways etc... this is pretty much a whole new map so delete the old one and put this in its place. - any feedback would be welcome. :3 :D
modoricam1a_final.zip
modoricam1a.zip - final - (i hope).
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 598 times
placement of players on map  -  modoricam1a
placement of players on map - modoricam1a
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

This is a great example of how topography and oil resource quantity and placement directly influence a.i. scripting

I tested T3 advanced bases against Become Prey.

BP played a pure Turtle Game.

Next... same settings on "Fish Nets" and BP played an aggressive Octopus.....the total opposite strategy.

I still find stuff like this fascinating as well it directly influences me in what I do in my own work.

My early assessment - those who love long Turtle skirmish will thoroughly enjoy this experience.

How this will play for those who like Rush.... I can't tell..... Would be interesting to hear some war stories
coming from those who favor that strat.

regards, whipper :)

Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Aww, another one of those maps with 16-20 oil resources in the base, and none anywhere else.

Some of us like the resource war, you know. As well as having to manage power. :/ Don't give in to the turtles, man!
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Zarel wrote:Aww, another one of those maps with 16-20 oil resources in the base, and none anywhere else.

Some of us like the resource war, you know. As well as having to manage power. :/ Don't give in to the turtles, man!
I have that same sense as well.

In my own head, work and play preference I conceptualize 2 classes of Turtle: "Soft-Shell Turtle" and "Hard-Shell Turtle"..

This map favors "Hard-Shell Turtle": No need to fight over resources. What you are really fighting for
is end-game map dominance. That leads to a ground game that is pure attrition... So that your
ultimate goal must become a race for Air Supremacy..

On the other hand...

The Soft-Shell Turtle design allows for resource-fighting AND some Turtleing.. And that begins, for me anyway,
by never putting more than 7 wells in the Base Perimeter (usually i only place 6 within)... I have found that this
satisfies the "Soft-Shell Turtle" in me while also making sure that I must take aggressive scouting & expansion into account
(what I call the "Octopus") which in addition means the ground game is still viable to advance (which I enjoy) and not merely
an exercise in attrition (which I find more tiresome than fun... but others surely will feel different about that mix..) and then,
of course Air Supremacy is just part of your land maneuver (which I call the "Eagle" strat) and NOT just an exclusive race
to research, design and build a multitude of the most powerful Vtol body and weap.

regards, whipper :)

PS: On maps where water plays a significant role in Tactics and Strategy I have dubbed the play type as "Orca". ;)