3.1 RC 2 is now out!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Re: 3.1 RC 2 is now out!

Post by zydonk »

Line of minipod towers attacked from two sides, front right and flank right. Right-side tower begins firing at attackers alternately. The remaining towers - though in range - remain silent. Towers are taken out one by one like sheep at slaughter.

Who dreamed up this daft idea? Doesn't anybody think things through? Why don't you stop fancying the game up and instead correct the host of basic problems that now beset it?
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

zydonk wrote:Who dreamed up this daft idea? Doesn't anybody think things through? Why don't you stop fancying the game up and instead correct the host of basic problems that now beset it?
what host of problems do you mean?
PkK
Trained
Trained

Post by PkK »

zydonk wrote:Shadowing is weird. Isn't that a pretty basic problem to have at this stage?
No. Even when it is a bug in the application (as opposed to the driver or haqrdware), it might only be exposed on certain driver / hardware combinations. Thus graphics bugs can exist, and go unnoticed, even when quite a bit of testing has been done.

Philipp
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

PkK wrote:
zydonk wrote:Shadowing is weird. Isn't that a pretty basic problem to have at this stage?
No. Even when it is a bug in the application (as opposed to the driver or haqrdware), it might only be exposed on certain driver / hardware combinations. Thus graphics bugs can exist, and go unnoticed, even when quite a bit of testing has been done.

Philipp
Specifically, an asset or structure will throw a shadow onto a shaded area, obviously because the shadowing routine does not take terrain disposition into account. If terrain was also shadowed this might eliminate the problem. Suggest that shadows be less black. As it is, the overall effect is amateurish, esp when you consider how long shadowing has been available in the game.

Originway - check this topic above (and those dealing with previous releases for 3.1). I suspect now that the limitations on manoeuvrability of assets will never be resolved. Most of the basic problems/restrictions that now beset WZ did not exist in the original game (most don't exist in v239 either, for that matter).

While I wish the 3.1 effort well - I playtest each release - I am sanguine about its ultimate success. Truth is, 239 is a pretty good platform for WZ. If better cannot be had, then we should be satisfied with that.
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Still present is a problem with the info dialog. For some reason it tells me different infos now and then. Sometimes it tells me the power of each player, but sometimes it tells me the number of structures instead. O.o
Last edited by themac on 12 Sep 2012, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

In 2.3 at least, the cheat mode was changing the information in the screen.

Are you activating the cheat mode ?
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

ah, yes, I have to activate the cheat mode to be able to play some sort of robot only war with the "autogame on" command. :)
Qalpha32
New user

Post by Qalpha32 »

Heya

Just a quick qn, since the password for multiplayer isn't working and we're trying to LAN i found this in an old ticket:

"If you want to host just LAN games, change the lobby entry in your config file to 127.0.0.1, then you don't need passwords."

which entry in the config is the Lobby... masterserver_name=lobby.warzone2100.net
or do i need a new line Lobby=127.0.0.1

either way i've had no success trying by myself so now its time for some help :)

Ps sorry to any player that's tried to join our games while we've been phaffing...
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Just change lobby.warzone2100.net to 127.0.0.1, and it will work.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
fxgher
Greenhorn

Post by fxgher »

that thing of changing the masterserver_name is just wonderful!
i did not know about it.
some friends of mine were complaining about WZ not being a true mp game just because to set up a 2 player skirmish you had to be connected to the internet...
maybe some of the devs can introduce an option in the config menu (or inside the mp skirmish setup screen) to switch between "lobby-via-internet" and "isolated network" modes of operation?
in my opinion only the host needs to do that. the guests can just type the ip address of the host in their setup screen.

thank you and keep up the good work!
fxgher
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

I've played one game and already have some points to figure out..
1)You can't spoil oils with not-completed oil derecks. That brakes lots of cheasy strats, so 90% of my matches are now broken :D
2)To avoid desync, high ping now does classical to all games thing - slows the game. And I'm glad to see that. Now no teleporting units and immortal buildings..
3)Nicknames at lobby are too close to left black border..

And pls, fix other chat issue finaly. If message is too long, it's empty. At least force maximum-limited messages to get entered instantly, so user can continue his text without deviding whole sentence into parts again and again.
kennya
New user

Post by kennya »

Return to HQ is mapped to key 'h' (default), but pressing 'h' does nothing. In previous versions it centered around the command structure, but now it does nothing.
Rockit
Greenhorn

Post by Rockit »

First of all a big thank you to all volunteers who put in their spare time. Great work. Following criticism is just to hopefully improve the game; not to burn you down.

Now, besides improvements like the bigger resolution their are a number of things i think are certainly no improvement over 2.3.9

- Troop and truck movement sucks BIG TIME (sorry to say so). I would not release a final version until this is completely solved.
* 2 trucks infinitely turning circles around each other when they have been sent off to build something.
* Injured troops set to return at medium damage never make it back to safety, when part of a big army, for healthy troops are not moving out of the way, but keep pushing them towards certain death.
* When a big army is sent somewhere, there always are a number of troops not finding their place to rest. They just keep moving infinitely, so auto-repair (supposing it is researched) does not work (for the troops that keep moving).
* Chokepoints (narrow passages) always give big trouble when troops try to pass it in different directions. If not careful, the one half of your army completely blocks the other half of your army. The massive traffic congestion can only be cleared by human intervention. Without this intervention the troops never get to resolve a way out of the situation.

- In multiplayer, the starting position numbers in front of the players names disappeared. Why ? Now i'm always counting to see where certain players start. Can these starting position numbers please return in front of the list of players who joined the game ?

- The last map hosted is not remembered, so when rehosting, you have to look up the map again.

gR.
Toxotte
Greenhorn

Post by Toxotte »

Like bugmenot, I would like to see the problem with the units group movement solved too. In my opinion the units in the 2.3 version have the better movement ability.

If some one can show me where to find the archives responsible for the units movement, in both versions(2.3 and 3.1 rc2), I'll compare them and try to fix this problem, if I succeed, I'll be posting the solution here =)

Many thanks to every one who worked hard to maintain this great game alive

=Warzone2100 4 Life=
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Toxotte wrote:...

If some one can show me where to find the archives responsible for the units movement, in both versions(2.3 and 3.1 rc2), I'll compare them and try to fix this problem, if I succeed, I'll be posting the solution here =)

3.1: https://github.com/warzone2100/warzone2 ... s/bugfixes and 2.3: https://github.com/warzone2100/warzone2100/commits/2.3