3.1 beta11 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Stratadrake
Trained
Trained

Re: 3.1 beta11 has been released!

Post by Stratadrake »

I have two issues that constantly crop up when I'm playing WZ. These are not bugs "per se", but:

1 - The selection hitbox for the Tank Transporter is for some reason WAAY too big. Especially in the Beta campaign where your default factory is directly north of the takeoff point - every time I try to click on the factory (with the camera facing north, as is default) I end up clicking on the transporter by accident. Every. Time. You don't know how many units I have to offload from the transport because I didn't intend for them to be hopping aboard in the first place.

2 - I don't like how the camera rotates. It's fine at the normal zoom level, but when you zoom in the point-of-rotation gets shunted off the bottom of the screen and when you try to rotate the camera, it actually feels more like a "pan" than a "rotate" because you can't see what you're rotating around.
Strata @dA, @FAC
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

gameshack wrote:I've also had problems with targeting, especially using sensors to target units for artillery. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but might need to post a screenshot if this isn't obvious. Basically when you select anything with the mouse, the 'hit box' isn't even around the unit so sometimes when you stick the cursor near the middle of something, it doesn't get selected. Hope that makes sense.
I'm on windows and notice the same. I play skirmish with texture 2048 and screen size 1920 x 1080. At that resolution the problem is more evident, you must click precisely which slows down how I normally play. It helps to set the camera pointing straight down before clicking, when done set camera to default.

I play multiplay with smaller screen resolution so I can click like crazy and not worry about it.
Paul
Trained
Trained

Post by Paul »

will there be another release or is this all we are going to get?
A4tech
Trained
Trained

Post by A4tech »

It's a summer, chillax.
Navvarr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Navvarr »

Summer??! Where do you live?!!!
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Navvarr wrote:Summer??! Where do you live?!!!
You know that there are two hemispheres?
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
JJjopando
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JJjopando »

BunkerBlaster wrote:
gameshack wrote:I've also had problems with targeting, especially using sensors to target units for artillery. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but might need to post a screenshot if this isn't obvious. Basically when you select anything with the mouse, the 'hit box' isn't even around the unit so sometimes when you stick the cursor near the middle of something, it doesn't get selected. Hope that makes sense.
I'm on windows and notice the same. I play skirmish with texture 2048 and screen size 1920 x 1080. At that resolution the problem is more evident, you must click precisely which slows down how I normally play. It helps to set the camera pointing straight down before clicking, when done set camera to default.

I play multiplay with smaller screen resolution so I can click like crazy and not worry about it.
I am also having this problem :stare:
Proud former soldier of the 39th Infantry
BATTLE OF THE PLAIN OF REEDS - WE WILL NOT FORGET
Kih-ap-hiih
Trained
Trained

Post by Kih-ap-hiih »

matthewfarmery wrote:
Kih-ap-hiih wrote:In beta 3.1 ver_11, while playing in campaign.
After researched turret console, its happen I cant attach factories to command truck.
By double click on it, have normal commands for units, and are not for command turret. :lol2:

edit: I cant believe, but now I can do that. Loaded save game and now works. O_o
yes I can confirm this, and there is a bug report about this already, including another annoying commander bug, so its a known issue is that you said,

here is the bug report,
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3246
so you can either add a comment to it, or not, up to you,
I have found new ticket, where I have described,
haw to reproduce bug in ticket http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3645
Now I know, ticket exist thank you. :)
Guys I wont go second time on ice, and try to patch betas! It will crash in start. :lecture:
A4tech
Trained
Trained

Post by A4tech »

Vacation is over. Admins, any release with critical bug fixes? :stressed:
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

Hi,

I've noticed in the lobby several games being hosted by 3.1rc1, and I've heard mention of an rc2. I'm just wondering, where can I get hold of these? They are not listed on the download page.

Many thanks for the game. :)

Regards, Searge
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

Wasn't there when I posted the other day... :?

Thanks Staff for adding the topic. :)

Regards, Searge
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.