3.1 beta11 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: 3.1 beta11 has been released!

Post by JDW »

Reg312 wrote:i know bug with factory production which occurs when you get new weapon and old weapons should be removed...
it looks crazy: you have 9 tank in productions but factory does not produce
Erm, which bug report is this?
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

Reg312 wrote:
i know bug with factory production which occurs when you get new weapon and old weapons should be removed...
it looks crazy: you have 9 tank in productions but factory does not produce
hmm just a guess what he is talkling bout...
as soon as ag research is finished the hmg's that are in production stop producing(been a while since ive seen it, could be that one has to change the design first from hmg to ag that hmg stop producing). might be the same with lancers to tank killer. also i would not mind if the units would upgrade themself once a superior weapon is available... hmg's -> ag's -> tag... could introduce other problems... dunno
eblin
New user

Post by eblin »

Really like the new version guys! Keep up the good work
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

when you reseach new component the currently used in production template with old component desapears hence factory stops producing.i dont like it.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Kih-ap-hiih
Trained
Trained

Post by Kih-ap-hiih »

In beta 3.1 ver_11, while playing in campaign.
After researched turret console, its happen I cant attach factories to command truck.
By double click on it, have normal commands for units, and are not for command turret. :lol2:

edit: I cant believe, but now I can do that. Loaded save game and now works. O_o
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

I am also pissed off at the new system where my defences juat sit there and let the enemy unit get close and shoot them before some long range arty shoots to kill it. it was a bad idea and needs rework pls!
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
iap
Trained
Trained

Post by iap »

I have a saved campaign game from beta 7. Can I restore it?
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Post by matthewfarmery »

Kih-ap-hiih wrote:In beta 3.1 ver_11, while playing in campaign.
After researched turret console, its happen I cant attach factories to command truck.
By double click on it, have normal commands for units, and are not for command turret. :lol2:

edit: I cant believe, but now I can do that. Loaded save game and now works. O_o
yes I can confirm this, and there is a bug report about this already, including another annoying commander bug, so its a known issue is that you said,

here is the bug report,
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3246
so you can either add a comment to it, or not, up to you,
gameshack
New user

Post by gameshack »

I played WZ when it first came out on PC, so stumbling on this site by accident a couple of months back was a pleasant surprise, especially finding the Mac version. Really like the results so far.

I've been playing through the campaign mode and skirmish games mostly, since beta 10, and noticed very few issues on my Mac. Not one single crash, though some niggles and bugs.

For the bugs, I just wondered what you guys are doing with the Mac build at the moment, since I noticed there is a new(er) build for linux/windows but not OS X. Is that just a temporary thing for some recent issues or should I hold off reporting any more bugs for the Mac version?

For example, factory numbers are still wrong in campaign mode (last time I checked the bug list it was marked as fixed) whether or not you save and reload a game. A workaround I've had to use: start building a new factory then stop if it has an existing number; immediately build another one (which usually then has the correct number); remove the part built factory.

Niggles for me are the pathing, most notably of multiple trucks building a series of defensive structures. Some refuse to move, doing a dance around each other; others sway from side to side and unable to find a route close enough to help build (even when there is an obvious path to the side of another truck).

I've also had problems with targeting, especially using sensors to target units for artillery. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but might need to post a screenshot if this isn't obvious. Basically when you select anything with the mouse, the 'hit box' isn't even around the unit so sometimes when you stick the cursor near the middle of something, it doesn't get selected. Hope that makes sense.

Anyway, let me know if submitting Mac bugs is worth it right now.

Nice work guys so far.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

For the bugs, I just wondered what you guys are doing with the Mac build at the moment, since I noticed there is a new(er) build for linux/windows but not OS X. Is that just a temporary thing for some recent issues or should I hold off reporting any more bugs for the Mac version?
Attachments
scr.png
dak180
Trained
Trained

Post by dak180 »

gameshack wrote:For the bugs, I just wondered what you guys are doing with the Mac build at the moment, since I noticed there is a new(er) build for linux/windows but not OS X. Is that just a temporary thing for some recent issues or should I hold off reporting any more bugs for the Mac version?
This is due to the fact that we do not currently have a mac buildbot; this may change soon, so keep an eye out.
gameshack wrote:Anyway, let me know if submitting Mac bugs is worth it right now.
Since no bug actually exists until it has a ticket that contains the steps for reproduction; I always recommend reporting bugs, just be sure to search first to see if someone else has already reported it, even if they have I would still encourage you to add any additional details you might have.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
belsby
Greenhorn

Post by belsby »

Hei

How to play orginal v1.10 on 3.1 beta 11? Cant see any icon for this?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

You can't.

Even if you load the old stats, game mechanics have changed so much that the balance will be completely different anyway.
belsby
Greenhorn

Post by belsby »

Ok, thanks
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

belsby wrote:Hei

How to play orginal v1.10 on 3.1 beta 11? Cant see any icon for this?
You can't. Use version 2.3.9.