3.1 beta10 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Re: 3.1 beta10 has been released!

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Searge-Major wrote:Great beta, thanks guys. :D My only disappointment though, was that I played a game all through the tech tree, and was very disappointed to find that these had not been implemented. :cry: :cry: :cry:
They're only implemented for modders to use right now.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

Shadow Wolf TJC wrote: They're only implemented for modders to use right now.
NoQ wrote:
the message you linked wrote:both of these will probably make it into 3.1_beta11
Yeah, sorry about that, internet around here is very hard to get hold of atm, and I didn't get a chance to read the posts thoroughly. :oops:
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
duda
Trained
Trained

Post by duda »

hi again,

i have some points of finetuning...

1. scavanger buses crash with factory and other busses
(maybe the bus-AI think it has a smaler size or so)
scav bus collision
scav bus collision
2. westedge of maps falls down to zero
(differences between rendered map and map layout in flame)
westedge has no height value
westedge has no height value
3. invisible opponent on the edge to water, but its in the sight/view of sensor
(maybe a solution is that land-terrain redered at half height, or a little lower, as it is now)
hiding at water edge
hiding at water edge
"unit is under attack!", "unit is under attack!", unit is under attack!" then i wake up ... (true story)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

2. westedge of maps falls down to zero
(differences between rendered map and map layout in flame)
If you open the compiled .wz file, you will see this in FlaME too. Explained in detail here. Always been that way, in fact these tiles don't really exist at all.
invisible opponent on the edge to water, but its in the sight/view of sensor
It may be that it's actually invisible (hidden from the sensor by the coast, which is higher than the water).
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Any water tiles on the edges of the map would always default to tile-00, I'm not sure why, but whatever the reason for it, is also why I think the edges of the maps get a whole tile cut off on two edges and you get the massive height drops at the other edges.

Perhaps the code that does this is something to look at at some point, seeing as how 3.x+ uses the new terrain system.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Mysteryem wrote:Any water tiles on the edges of the map would always default to tile-00, I'm not sure why, but whatever the reason for it, is also why I think the edges of the maps get a whole tile cut off on two edges and you get the massive height drops at the other edges.

Perhaps the code that does this is something to look at at some point, seeing as how 3.x+ uses the new terrain system.
Also droids traverse water at some height above the apparent tile level. Looks pretty amateurish, tho' no one seems to mind. Is this also a result of the new terrain system?
duda
Trained
Trained

Post by duda »

zydonk wrote:
Mysteryem wrote:Any water tiles on the edges of the map would always default to tile-00, I'm not sure why, but whatever the reason for it, is also why I think the edges of the maps get a whole tile cut off on two edges and you get the massive height drops at the other edges.

Also droids traverse water at some height above the apparent tile level. Looks pretty amateurish, tho' no one seems to mind. Is this also a result of the new terrain system?
hmm looks not good :hmm:
this happens when something moves on a edge tile that interpreted as water by terrain renderer
(a traight water-edge could be rendered interupted)

old terrain renderer paints every tile so as it was created in flame,
but now ... a simple creek/small river looks more than a swamp because the river is interupted
(for map making its a bit more difficult now)
maybe its easier not use edge tiles with new renderer

and i also miss snow ... in new renderer - snow is very poor rendered

:hmm:
"unit is under attack!", "unit is under attack!", unit is under attack!" then i wake up ... (true story)
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

duda wrote:
zydonk wrote:

hmm looks not good :hmm:
this happens when something moves on a edge tile that interpreted as water by terrain renderer
(a traight water-edge could be rendered interupted)

old terrain renderer paints every tile so as it was created in flame,
but now ... a simple creek/small river looks more than a swamp because the river is interupted
(for map making its a bit more difficult now)
maybe its easier not use edge tiles with new renderer

and i also miss snow ... in new renderer - snow is very poor rendered

:hmm:
This suggests a fundamental incompatibility between WZ tiling and the new renderer, which in turn suggests that one of them should be replaced.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Talking about bugs whit water:
download/file.php?id=11632&mode=view
I didn't put any water in that little place, next to the trucks :|
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
duda
Trained
Trained

Post by duda »

Giani wrote:Talking about bugs whit water:
download/file.php?id=11632&mode=view
I didn't put any water in that little place, next to the trucks :|
i know this kind of problems

delete the water-tile in the corner could be the solution for this problem :hmm:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Any water tiles on the edges of the map would always default to tile-00, I'm not sure why, but whatever the reason for it, is also why I think the edges of the maps get a whole tile cut off on two edges and you get the massive height drops at the other edges.

It happens on my Scav Island map.. at one side i think this let me call it error occurs, aor occured as it was about I think up to year ago.. that even units were able to go via this one tile vide strange looking land.. what is even sadder.. one of the players used it to avoid the bridges included there.. which were of course well fortified..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
daimerion
New user

Post by daimerion »

I dual boot windows and ubuntu. Played on both and no issues for the most part. Only one issue is on windows (7 64 bit), and not a big one, when moving mouse to top of screen to scroll up I noticed it doesnt scroll unless moving it a little ways down from top not a biggie but annoying anyway.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

when beta 11 will be released?
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Reg312 wrote:when beta 11 will be released?
Yesterday. (Was just a missing announcement and download link.)