3.1 beta10 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
ramon_grigio
New user

Re: 3.1 beta10 has been released!

Post by ramon_grigio »

Hey guys, i'm looking for help for quite some time now and found no conclusive answers, so i'll ask you for help.

I have 2PCs that (should) be capable of running Wz2100. One is equipped with a Radeon X1300Pro (old and shitty, i know). This one is ok now, as it can run 3.1.

The other is a Pentium Dual Core E-5400 2.7GHZ 3GBDDR2 Ram over a G31 Intel Chipset Motherboard. So the VGA is a GMA 3100.
System is 32bit WinxP SP3
VGA/Chipset Drivers are current (6.14.10.5218 (1-13-2010))

Intel states that this garbage (GMA) is OpenGl 1.4+
http://www.intel.com/support/pt/mt/mt_win.htm

Fact is that Geeks3D GPU Caps Viewer shows me that current OpenGl is 1.1, and so warzone fails to run.

Anyone know what i can do (besides buying a discrete VGA)? I want to play Lan... =/

This link also shows 1.4+ support http://download.intel.com/products/grap ... _guide.pdf

Thanks in advance.
ramon_grigio
New user

Post by ramon_grigio »

I'm adding a image to make things easier.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5135 ... hipset.jpg

Any (extra) information needed will be posted if requested.

Thanks.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Depending on what country you live in and how cheap a good agp/pcie? card is your best bet is to find a $30 card. You may even be able to find one cheaper than that, depends on where you shop online (or find a good sale at a local store).

Or maybe someone here can create a config file with the lowest possible video settings (maybe that will work).

The only other option is what I mentioned in my DX thread but some are still iffy about it (no one has an intel card to test it) viewtopic.php?f=32&t=9452 If you do try my suggestion in that thread please tell us everything. Its not sanctioned by the WZ devs so its up to you.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

ramon_grigio wrote:Hey guys, i'm looking for help for quite some time now and found no conclusive answers, so i'll ask you for help.

I have 2PCs that (should) be capable of running Wz2100. One is equipped with a Radeon X1300Pro (old and crap, i know). This one is ok now, as it can run 3.1.

The other is a Pentium Dual Core E-5400 2.7GHZ 3GBDDR2 Ram over a G31 Intel Chipset Motherboard. So the VGA is a GMA 3100.
System is 32bit WinxP SP3
VGA/Chipset Drivers are current (6.14.10.5218 (1-13-2010))

Intel states that this garbage (GMA) is OpenGl 1.4+
http://www.intel.com/support/pt/mt/mt_win.htm

Fact is that Geeks3D GPU Caps Viewer shows me that current OpenGl is 1.1, and so warzone fails to run.

Anyone know what i can do (besides buying a discrete VGA)? I want to play Lan... =/

This link also shows 1.4+ support http://download.intel.com/products/grap ... _guide.pdf

Thanks in advance.
It can support what intel says, you just need to use the latest video drivers, and then the caps viewer should report what intel says.
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Nagajo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nagajo »

Try this just set up automaticaly install drivers for your video card and chip set after install restart your system and then try to run warzone 2100
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/hi ... intelg965/
And one more think you need to set up you video to maximum perfomance and etc.
ramon_grigio
New user

Post by ramon_grigio »

First of all, thanks for your time.

My Vga/chipset driver is the latest one (the same as my older post), as can be seen here: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1729 ... telweb.jpg

Maybe WinXp drivers aren't the same as WinVista/Win7... (where it could be 1.4+)

That's intriguing...

Guess i'll end buying a sub $100,00 card (US prices, not Brazil ones)(mostly like a 1GB HD6670 gddr5, since it doesn't require a power conector).

I could also try (just for test purposes) using a windows vista copy that i have remaining or using ubuntu-10-04LTS (the only linux that i'm capable of using without a headache ;D)

If anyone have another idea, fell free to post it.. othewise i'll throw in the towel and buy a discrete VGA.

Thanks again.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

I do know that all people with that intel chipset using a good linux distro, and with the appropriate (latest) mesa drivers installed, it should work well.

On the same kind of issues, It is too bad that Mac users with older than the latest version of the OS get dropped for video driver support. Apple wants you to upgrade to get support, and in this case, if you don't want to pay Apple more $$$, then the advice is the same, get a linux distro, and you will see you can still play Warzone.
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

No open source driver support on mac?
dak180
Trained
Trained

Post by dak180 »

Video drivers on the mac are written and maintained by apple as part of the core os, so the best way to be sure you have the latest drivers is to keep the os up to date.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
Hari
New user

Post by Hari »

Great improvement. But strangely, after loading from savegame, voice notifications are gone. I don't even know when my factory is attacked, or when a vtol drop a thermite bomb over my cc, and when I know it is already too late.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Nagajo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nagajo »

ramon_grigio wrote:First of all, thanks for your time.

My Vga/chipset driver is the latest one (the same as my older post), as can be seen here: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1729 ... telweb.jpg

Maybe WinXp drivers aren't the same as WinVista/Win7... (where it could be 1.4+)

That's intriguing...

Guess i'll end buying a sub $100,00 card (US prices, not Brazil ones)(mostly like a 1GB HD6670 gddr5, since it doesn't require a power conector).

I could also try (just for test purposes) using a windows vista copy that i have remaining or using ubuntu-10-04LTS (the only linux that i'm capable of using without a headache ;D)

If anyone have another idea, fell free to post it.. othewise i'll throw in the towel and buy a discrete VGA.

Thanks again.
First of all drivers for xp and for win 7 vista are not the same this is fact , but if you still have the problem try to remove drivers as an administrator i will show you how you can do it :
Ok first aff all:
! start\programms\accesories\cmd RMB- run as an administrator then in CMD type - NET USER ADMINISTRATOR /ACTIVE:YES
! after you do that log off and log in as an administartor and from control panel uninnstal all you video drivers and remove it from all paths in program data, program files, temp, local sittings, everywhere and where you can find it. Reboot your system after try to use CCleaner or different program to remove keys in regedit or do it by your self. And after try to install lattest drivers but before log off again and log in as an user and then install them, in cmd type NET USER ADMINISTRATOR /ACTIVE:NO to get back to normal try it .
Last edited by Nagajo on 02 Jun 2012, 12:06, edited 2 times in total.
duda
Trained
Trained

Post by duda »

today i looked around in terrain at a new map...
and then i found some strange surface-break offs
i take some screenshots - (includes also the map)
one screenshot
one screenshot
Attachments
surface-break-screenshots.zip
surface break offs
(2.95 MiB) Downloaded 500 times
"unit is under attack!", "unit is under attack!", unit is under attack!" then i wake up ... (true story)
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

Great beta, thanks guys. :D My only disappointment though, was that I played a game all through the tech tree, and was very disappointed to find that these had not been implemented. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

the message you linked wrote:both of these will probably make it into 3.1_beta11