3.1 beta9 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Re: 3.1 beta9 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

fraggle wrote:to load a game is a very normal function.
Apparently not normal enough for anyone trying the bugfixes or 3.1 branch to have used it in the last two weeks.
We want information... information... information.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

cybersphinx wrote: [*] Change: Save campaign and skirmish games separately (#3377, d8789661fb)
Wz2100 wrote:Game successful saved in savegames/skirmish/test.gam
Wz2100 wrote:info |10:38:44: [openLoadFile:164] file savegames/campaign/test.gam could not be opened: No such file or directory
It would be nice if we could load now...
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

For loading skirmish games:
As a workaround, just start a skirmish game, and load the game within that...
A fix has been pushed.
You can download this build here: http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/bugfix ... 8216c6.exe

NOTE, you MUST use beta 9 for MP games, or make sure everyone is using the same version as you are.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Emdek wrote:
cybersphinx wrote:Change: Disable the save option between campaign missions and the autosave, since the resulting savegames don't always work correctly (#3377, 62da559ebe)
I hate that change, it's a regression and workarounds things that were broken at least from 2.3.x and there were workarounds how to overcome issues for saves created at end of campaign (simply save just before end - those are transport missions so you know exactly when to hit save before it will end itself accidentally).
And only those two cases created issues, then why other ~30 other should also have that option removed?

Autosave was not useful anyway and caused issues (#1615)...
No, it was NOT only two missions, it highly depends on what is going on behind the scenes, and how everything is supposed to work.
It is not a regression either, as I stated before, this is a flaw in the way pumpkin originally made it.
If you don't like it, then fix it.

I am just trying to avoid these issues to make the game more stable, and this is one way of doing it.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

vexed wrote:No, it was NOT only two missions, it highly depends on what is going on behind the scenes, and how everything is supposed to work.
I'm curious, which ones also caused issues?
For me the only real issue was transition between beta and gamma, as it caused #1939. Visual glitches which sometimes showed up were quite minor issue (game was still playable).
vexed wrote:It is not a regression either, as I stated before, this is a flaw in the way pumpkin originally made it.
If you don't like it, then fix it.

I am just trying to avoid these issues to make the game more stable, and this is one way of doing it.
Yes, fixing is correct word here. :-)
I don't see a point for removing feature if there those issues were there for years apparently and nearly nobody complained.
So if anything would be to be disabled, then it should be only for these missions causing issues, not everything.
If someone would point me to offending code parts I could try to do something with that later (already long TODO).
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
fraggle
Trained
Trained

Post by fraggle »

vexed wrote:For loading skirmish games:
A fix has been pushed.
You can download this build here: http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/bugfix ... 8216c6.exe

NOTE, you MUST use beta 9 for MP games, or make sure everyone is using the same version as you are.
Have downloaded this and installed. SAVED GAMES do not start. So this EXE is useless. Still unable to load the saved game.
crass
Trained
Trained

Post by crass »

fraggle wrote:
A fix has been pushed.

Have downloaded this and installed. SAVED GAMES do not start. So this EXE is useless. Still unable to load the saved game.
I just tried it and it does work
make skirmish game
launch it
save it
quit out to mm
load it again form mm
it works
crass
Trained
Trained

Post by crass »

can anyone explain what the desync logs mean?
desync#_p0-8.txt is what it shows but I can't tell what it is trying to say?

any thoughts for a autopatcher for the beta builds?
fraggle
Trained
Trained

Post by fraggle »

crass wrote:
fraggle wrote:
A fix has been pushed.

make skirmish game
launch it
save it
quit out to mm
load it again form mm
it works

Have tryed to load a saved game now more than 10 times. everytime saved, quited, loaded. NOTHING - its not loading.
Only crash to Desktop
crass
Trained
Trained

Post by crass »

fraggle wrote:
crass wrote:
fraggle wrote:
A fix has been pushed.

make skirmish game
launch it
save it
quit out to mm
load it again form mm
it works

Have tryed to load a saved game now more than 10 times. everytime saved, quited, loaded. NOTHING - its not loading.
Only crash to Desktop
what does the crash say in the log file?
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

fraggle wrote: Have tryed to load a saved game now more than 10 times. everytime saved, quited, loaded. NOTHING - its not loading.
Only crash to Desktop
How about some details ? It is working on this end...
Without good feedback, we can't fix it.
fraggle
Trained
Trained

Post by fraggle »

vexed wrote:
fraggle wrote: Have tryed to load a saved game now more than 10 times. everytime saved, quited, loaded. NOTHING - its not loading.
Only crash to Desktop
How about some details ? It is working on this end...
Without good feedback, we can't fix it.
Have complete deinstalled WZ, and new installed. Now the Bugfix-Exe is running correct, load save is ok.

Hope next Beta didnt have this bug in again.

Thx a lot
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

I made a similar experience. The "load game" bug was fixed in the beta 7 and appears again in the beta 9. This bug is really annoying! O.o
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

The cause of savegame problems this time is
cybersphinx wrote:
Earlier problems were something completely different.
We want information... information... information.
mtomi78
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mtomi78 »

Hi Cybersphinx!

The front of the sentence begins with a large letter.
The intestine of many words did not get into the fresh beta. He would be good if he would get involved into it until the definitive version. The sound was my problem. VIA Vinyl HD Audio integrated chips VT1818S my soundcard.
Tamás from Hungary.
--
Mészáros Tamás